Can't airplay from ipad to atv2 movies from itunes

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought Cars 2 from itunes, but I can't airplay it to the ATV2 from my ipad or iphone. I keep getting a message that my ATV is not authorized to show it.

Any ideas how to make it work?

I spoke several times with Apple support, but they are clueless. All firmware is up to date on ipad and ATV2, etc. They let me redownload the movie, but that didn't help either.

Any ideas.?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Obvious question, but do you have sharing set (signed into your iTunes account) in video settings on your iPad?

Also make sure AirPlay is enabled on your ATV2.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I did NOT have my itunes account set.
However, I set it, and it did not solve the problem.

Airplay is enabled. I use it all the time. Just doesn't work with Cars 2. Cars 2 is actually the first movie that I ever bought from Apple, so it might be all movies, I don't know. But everything else works fine with airplay.

Briguy616

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Long time reader joined just to say I'm having the same issue with Cars 2. Downloaded on my iPhone 4, will not play on apple tv no matter what. I'm able to use the remote app, stream videos I've taken from camera roll, and tv shows I have on the phone, but the movie won't play.

Apple TV is up to date, I completely reset it, tried the download a free show trick that was on the apple discussion forums and that didn't work....I'm at a total loss. Is it possible it's a restriction in the movie itself?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue with my ATV-1 - see that thread for the solution.... you could try that on your ATV2.

Briguy616

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Tried the ATV-1 issue fix. It's not all content, just this movie specifically that isn't working. I've downloaded a few tv shows and movies since and have had no problems.

aherscowitz

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. Bought Cars 2 on my iPad2, trying to Airplay it to my Apple TV2, and I'm getting the "not authorized to play this content" message. Everything else is playing just fine, including recent episodes of TV shows I've purchased. I haven't tried downloading any more movies to my iPad2, though. I updated all software for Apple TV2 and iPad2 and rebooted everything. Apple support stopped responding to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2