Apple service is greatest of all but I see changes

sgtMajRock

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
1st I tried to book a genius in the 🍏store app for mybiPhone 6s battery problem but a recent redesign of the App made it more difficult/longer/less obvious to do , maybe to weed out the "is the phone turned on crowd".

I go to 🍎 store (u can't self check in with app anymore ) they were out of the battery , high demand because of recall (understandable)

7 day later got emailed, the battery is in , it says to just come in. I call Apple support to confirm if I need appointment, well they were not the old support, with a u are my best customer tone but it was more , why are u bothering me tone go in to store!!

I go to store "do you have an appointment " ...): "I was told didn't need one" .."you do & it's 30mins wait , we will text u"!.

The repair was done & Apple Service is the best of all , just see what happened with Samsung battery issue

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Could have been the person you spoke with, "your mileage may vary" and sometimes people have a bad day or a bad call. I would not just based on that call. The lion share of my calls, visits to the Apple store etc have been excellent, but I too have met the occasional exception. ;)

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
So far I have had good service with Apple employees in general but like any other employees, one or two might have a bad day so it does happen from time to time. Haven't happened to me but I'm sure it does happen

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
So far I have had good service with Apple employees in general but like any other employees, one or two might have a bad day so it does happen from time to time. Haven't happened to me but I'm sure it does happen

I like your avatar, but then again I DON'T! I'm a Flyers and Phillies fan! (Remember the 2010 Stanley Cup? ;) I guess Bruins fans will NEVER forget that! )

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I also had difficulty scheduling a genius bar appointment from my phone, which was mildly annoying. So I did it online, and I had no issues when I got to the store. Of course, I was going to have them check my battery. I have a 6s, and before realizing that I was not alone in experiencing decreased battery life, I wanted to have it checked out. The genius who helped me was great... he checked to make sure that my phone ( a 6s) was not one of the ones that was tagged as needing a new battery. He spent a lot of time with me, and I left feeling satisfied with the service.

Then on Monday, I was having an issue with my playlists, and then I realized that "find my iPhone" wasn't working so I scheduled a call from support. The person was very nice, but I didn't get the sense that he didn't really know everything that he should. He checked to see if he could log into iCloud, and when he couldn't, he then "read" to me that Apple was aware of this and was working on a solution.

Then we got to my playlists, and I'm still not sure what exactly happened. I had created my playlists on my phone, and when I synced them a song or two was missing. There was also a duplicate list showing on iTunes, and I wanted to delete that. I was able to delete the duplicate list off my phone, but he couldn't help me figure how to delete it from my iTunes. In the end, after syncing, I realized we had deleted all playlists off my phone. I told him that, but at that point, he was ready to move on. I recreated my lists, but it was a nuisance. And for the first time ever, I was underwhelmed by the expertise of the Apple support guy.

Sorry this was so longwinded, but I "get" sgtMajRock is saying!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice