Photos App - Out of sync pictures (by date)

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
After importing all of my pics from iPhoto to Photos, I noticed loads had the wrong date stamp - some of this was my own doing (pics from years ago batch-uploaded from old digital cameras), but some seemed to lose their data when moving to the Photos app.

Last weekend I spent a few hours going through the library and correcting the date stamp on a bout a thousand or so pictures - fun times(!). But now when I view the pictures from different part of the Photos app (both on the Mac and on iOS devices) I get different sequences of pics.

Within Collections, all is fine. My date adjustments seem to have worked and all of the 6,000 pics are in the right order etc. But if I go in to Albums and then All Photos, the updates made to the images don't seem to have been applied here and loads of stuff is completely out of order. This is also the case if I use an app that accesses the camera roll/Photo app.

Does anyone know of a way of getting everything to propagate across these different areas of the app correctly (in date order)?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If they're propagated in Collections the way you like, then view them there. That's the reason Apple added Collections, moments and years.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I do, and that's fine for general browsing. But it becomes an issue when certain apps can only access the Albums sections, and then it's pretty much impossible to locate any pictures as they're all over the place and out of order.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do, and that's fine for general browsing. But it becomes an issue when certain apps can only access the Albums sections, and then it's pretty much impossible to locate any pictures as they're all over the place and out of order.

Are you using iCloud Photo Library? Some apps like Superimpose offer moments as well as the camera roll or library albums. Most only show the albums. Why not organize in albums. Put all photos from that camping trip in an album, all those from Helga's birthday party in an album, and etc. Most apps will offer those. But not albums auto created by other apps. That would make the photos easier to find.

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Photos are in albums (from the iPhoto import) where applicable, but most of my pictures are just random shots taken here and there, so wouldn't fall under any albums or categorisation.

My point is why are the pictures in Albums > All Photos in such a weird and random order - especially when all of the meta data for said pictures has been corrected and updated in the main Photos tab. Surely in an 'all pictures' folder/view it should show them in date order - not just randomly all over the place so that large numbers of recent pictures can't be found.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Photos are in albums (from the iPhoto import) where applicable, but most of my pictures are just random shots taken here and there, so wouldn't fall under any albums or categorisation.

My point is why are the pictures in Albums > All Photos in such a weird and random order - especially when all of the meta data for said pictures has been corrected and updated in the main Photos tab. Surely in an 'all pictures' folder/view it should show them in date order - not just randomly all over the place so that large numbers of recent pictures can't be found.

They are probably in the order they were received. That's how the camera roll is on my phone. Put the random shots in an album titled "Random".

jesperzac

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi Steve
Just like you and Jacobjosephy this small issue also annoyed me... I have also discovered that in Collections/Moments, the pictures show in the right order, but I would like to find out how I can get them to show correctly also in Albums/All Photos.
Please let us know if you found a fix or at least a really good explanation.
Thanks
Best regards,
Jesper

brtova

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the SAME annoying problem.

I keep searching forums all over the internet and NO ONE seems to have an answer.

Is "iPhoto" gone completely or is there a way to get it back?

At the same time I upgraded to Yosemite, and the "iPhotos" was replaced with (rotten) "Photos" I also lost adobe photoshop, microsoft word for mac, and several others.

Does anyone know the story behind this? It has something to do with Adobe. How can they take away an expensive app like photoshop just like that?

I Have:
os x yosemite 10.10.5
iMac 20in. early 2008
processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

pvn70

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
seems like the videos take longer to upload so the pictures taken after the video keeps uploading before the video finishes uploading therefore some of the pictures get out of place in terms of chronological order. thats what i think.

freelander87

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
This may have already been said, but the "All Photos" album automatically sorts by the date the photos were added to the library. Unfortunalty, there is no way around this except for manually importing each photo again in the order you want. I've searched the internet a multitude of times trying to find a resolution. In the long run, it is has proven to be a decent tool even though it still bugs me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR