Passcode Security Flaw

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I've only tested this with an iPhone 5s but I found what I would consider a security flaw. If passcode is on and you allow access to Siri when locked (General -> Passcode Lock), you can get pass the locked phone. You just hold the home button until Siri turns on. You tell Siri to launch an app. After the app opens, you hit the home button and you are on the homescreen without ever having to enter a passcode.

I would have thought that Siri's available actions would be limited from a locked phone.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
That doesn't work. It says u need to unlock ur iphone first. R u touching the home button with the same finger u use for touch id? That may be ur problem. Cuz i see no flaw here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We've had this discussion before...you have your phone set to unlock with your fingerprint scanner, so when you depress it to activate Siri, it is also reading your finger print. If you don't believe it, ask someone who does not have a finger print scan on your phone to try and do it, and you'll see why this is not a security flaw at all.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
We've had this discussion before...you have your phone set to unlock with your fingerprint scanner, so when you depress it to activate Siri, it is also reading your finger print. If you don't believe it, ask someone who does not have a finger print scan on your phone to try and do it, and you'll see why this is not a security flaw at all.

Lol or he can just try it with his pinky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2