Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Why does Apple Pay work fine in real life but not with in-app purchases?

Like my post title says, I've never had a problem using Apple Pay with real life retailers (Whole Foods, Walgreens, gas stations, etc.) but whenever I try using Apple Pay for an in-app purchase (Apple Store app, Nike SNKRS app, etc.) I get an error and the purchase won't go through. I've double checked all my Apple Pay info multiple times and billing address, shipping address, everything is correct. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so how did you fix it? Thanks.

Default Re: Why does Apple Pay work fine in real life but not with in-app purchases?

I haven't to this point.
    iMore Elite

Default Re: Why does Apple Pay work fine in real life but not with in-app purchases?

I have had no problems using Apple Pay in apps and on websites on my phone.

Have you tried removing your card(s) and adding the card back?
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    I have had no problems using Apple Pay in apps and on websites on my phone.

Have you tried removing your card(s) and adding the card back?
    Yes, I've added and removed the cards multiple times.

Hmm.. That sounds like something to report to Apple so they can look into this closely. Just follow this Give Feedback
    iMore Beginner

Been having this problem as well. I get to checkout and it gives me this red exclamation point saying shipping address. That's it, no context what is wrong with it. Removed and added card again, double checked the address. Everything is right, so I am out of ideas.