Apple Pay - BIG Dissapointment!

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I couldn't wait to download ios 8.1 just to try out apple pay.
But it turns out to be quite disappointing. It doesn't support most business credit cards. I use a Chase business card for almost everything.
I read that a lot of people that have the Chase/Amazon card are pissed too, since that is not supported either.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6288

Ohh well.....

PS, all the apple can do no wrong zombies, please spare me the "just use a different credit card" response.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Ha! It gets even worse. If you try to add one of these unsupported card, and it gives a not supported error, click on the "learn more" link, and it gives you a list of supported cards. Only Chase Visa cards are supported for Chase. No Mastercard.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I know what you meant but that's almost like Amazon refusing to sell any products made by apple or for apple. Or better yet, not allowing the use of apple pay for anything from Samsung.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
And the supported card is not Apples fault. The bank needs to support it. I have my Amex and Capital One card already loaded and ready to be used.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I know technically it isn't Apple's fault. But I just tried my United Airlines Chase Mastercard (personal card), that didn't work either.
My Discover card didn't work either.

Let's put it this way. I just came out with a better product than Apple pay. Merchants will have a scanner, that you just aim at your pants pocket, and it can read your credit card number thru your denim jeans and leather wallet, and automatically verify that it is your card by looking at your face and running it thru the FBI database, and then scanning your brain to see if you really authorize the charge. All this in 1 second.
However, no credit card companies currently support it. Only a few big merchants support it.

Believe me, I am not trying to trash Apple here, but so far, I am not impressed at all. Chase Bank if I am not mistaken is the biggest (or close to) bank in the country. I have 4 different credit cards with them. Both personal and business. None of them are accepted by Apple Pay. I really wanted this to work. But so far, granted only 24 hours old, it is a big let down.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Did you really expect it to have a lot of cards supported on day 1. It's going to take a while to adapt to most things. This is like saying its a big disappointment because best buy doesn't support it yet. Give it time. More companies will adopt this.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I put my Citibank MasterCard in and it worked right away. I am sure other banks will begin to support it in the near future. I'm not ready to say something is a big disappointment after one day of use. I plan on giving it a month or two before I form my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!

Michael Saxon

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Ironically apple pay is turning out to be a bit of a boost for Google Wallet...works at all the same readers with no card restrictions. I like the apple pay system on my 6 plus, but getting more use out of my lowly moto x for payments. ..

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It has been awesome for me. I only have one card and it is a debit card from Chase and it works. So I have been using Apple Pay like crazy over the last few days.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Works fine with my Chase card. Loving it! Far from being a disappointment. It's the best iteration of NFC payments to date. Apple has done a great job of making it secure too. More cards will be supported in due time.

bjangles321

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hasn't Apple pay actually hindered Google wallet? It seems like I remember a couple of store shutting down NFC payments all together because of Apple pay. Anyway, I wish they'd let me use NFC for tags and other purposes like pairing to my speaker systems. Not just paying for stuff... Maybe soon they will. Doubt it though. file transfer would be nice too honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Works fine with my Chase card. Loving it! Far from being a disappointment. It's the best iteration of NFC payments to date. Apple has done a great job of making it secure too. More cards will be supported in due time.

I have tried to use Apple Pay at walgreens and other places that claims to support NFL payment, at 3 separate occasion, always declined.
I have yet to have a successful transaction using apple pay. I'm using it with Chase Freedom card, which is supported.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to use Apple Pay at walgreens and other places that claims to support NFL payment, at 3 separate occasion, always declined.
I have yet to have a successful transaction using apple pay. I'm using it with Chase Freedom card, which is supported.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Assuming that you meant "NFC" payment, not "NFL" payment.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will Apple pay work with the 5s? I'm reading tech articles stating it wont with the 5s.

Here's what you need to use Apple Pay:
iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus (Apple Pay in stores and within apps)
iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 (Apple Pay within apps)
iOS 8.1 or later
United States as your selected region
Touch ID or passcode on your device
iCloud account
Supported credit or debit card from a participating bank

Source: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201469

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Apple pay seems really cool but it is a big disappointment for me because I got the iPhone 6 on release date and till this day, still not able to use or even try Apple pay in Canada. Why is that? And why release a feature that you can't even use even tho it's been a few months since the iphone 6 released

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73