Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Cross border Apple Pay

Quite curious how Apple will resolve this. I have had to set up mutliple iTunes accounts because Apple will not let me access mutliple stores with a single Apple Id. Having moved countries, but still having strong ties with home, I have had to keep two accounts, one for each country. The pricing are different and the apps available are different.

Because of this I, have different cards associated with different iTunes stores. More importantly, will Apple does not allow cards issued from different countries be tied to one single account at the moment. Currently, when I travel, I have cards issued from both countries on me, Apple seems to not let me do this. I wonder if Apple Pay will resolve this.

I am hopeful that one day we will just the same international pricing everywhere and currency conversion done on the fly, so it doesn't matter where your card is issued from or where your purchases are made.

Default Re: Cross border Apple Pay

Apple will do whatever it thinks will diminish to propensity for fraud, and we all know or should know that security and convenience are at odds with each other.