How much RAM would should I get?

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering how much RAM I should get in either a rMBP or MBA. I would use it for surfing the web, watching movie, downloading movies, playing some FPS games such as CS, doing high school assignments. How much RAM would you recommend with either of the notebooks?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Haha I would say the lottery doesn't hurt but saving up for one or getting a loved one to buy you one never fails too :)

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Haha I would say the lottery doesn't hurt but saving up for one or getting a loved one to buy you one never fails too :)

So, would you recommend to stay with the MBA 13" base model, or try to convince him to get me a rMBP for an extra $300-400? If you do recommend to try to get the rMBP, what would be your reasoning, as originally, I wanted a rMBP.

forbiddens

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Get the rMBP simply because it has a higher resolution screen... That's reasoning enough in my opinion..
Haha, I wish this would work on him! But it won't, he says I don't won't even notice the screen. And he says 4GB is alright for me. Any other reasons? :p

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Max it out bc the new MBP's ram isn't upgradable. I opted for max ram over bigger SSD bc of that bc down the road, I can still upgrade the ssd.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The minimum that comes with each will work for you. The retina one comes with 8. That's what I'd shoot for.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711