Things that need fixing in Apple Music

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Interested in your thoughts. I'll get the ball rolling (although I must say I am enjoying the service despite the issues that come up):

1) A way to reorder playlists with last added at the top

2) A way to lock playlists - I have cultivated a playlist over many years and am afraid of accidentally pulling the trigger!

3) Separate automate playlists for just bought music owned by the listener

4) An explanation "because you liked" bar below each song on the weekly new music playlist. I want to be convinced that "loving" a song actually makes a difference. I sense it does, but prove it to me Apple!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Interested in your thoughts. I'll get the ball rolling (although I must say I am enjoying the service despite the issues that come up):

1) A way to reorder playlists with last added at the top

3) Separate automate playlists for just bought music owned by the listener

There's a sort button in the top right corner so you can select to have the playlists listed with the recently added at the top. There's also a "Purchased Music" playlist that's automatic.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
You have to manually bring up the recent ones to the top though, right? I don't get the options on how to sort. Is that right?

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
There's a sort button in the top right corner so you can select to have the playlists listed with the recently added at the top. There's also a "Purchased Music" playlist that's automatic.

I am thinking about ordering songs within a playlist rather than the order with which whole playlists appear

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
One of my biggest complaints is just understanding how the "For You" "Love" "+" & Add to Library work. Like what if I add a song to a playlist, but not my library (as in a playlist for my wife) does it affect my For You section?
Other than these issues I don't have much of a complain about Apple Music. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about ordering songs within a playlist rather than the order with which whole playlists appear

Gotcha!! There is an edit option within the playlists but I've noticed that some of my playlists will let me change them and some I can change but the order won't save. It's weird.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Gotcha!! There is an edit option within the playlists but I've noticed that some of my playlists will let me change them and some I can change but the order won't save. It's weird.

Thanks for this - I will experiment with mine. Apple
music does seem like the Wild West at times

gjwentink

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is my two cents.

A better experience for lovers of classical music (more subgenres) would help. The service is, to my mind, very much focused on popular artists/genres and not so much on classical music and everything it entails.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is my two cents.

A better experience for lovers of classical music (more subgenres) would help. The service is, to my mind, very much focused on popular artists/genres and not so much on classical music and everything it entails.

I think it all boils down to licensing but I may be wrong. I've noticed there are some popular songs that I love but they're only available on iTunes, not  Music.

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
This:

352f0d100d48f4965548d5612be64fa6.jpg

For the life of me I don't understand why Apple doesn't offer a way to Handoff listening between devices ala Spotify. Until then I'll hang onto both.

Actually Spotify's playlist and social aspects keep me on the service. Just miles ahead of Apple in these regards.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711