Apple Music Family Plan

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
So I decided at the weekend after much pressure, to get my wife to use Apple Music. I set up Family planning, added her, went to Apple Music and happy days it worked.
However, at least once or twice a day, it is kicking my wife out of Apple Music and asking her to "choose a plan".

Apple doesn't seem to know what is wrong, any ideas?
I have already removed an re added her to family sharing many times, it frustrates me that Apple make this so complicated compared to Spotify ?!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you actually sign up for a plan or are you on the free trial?

I started out with the free trial and never saw the message and we have 5 people on the plan.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I used to have this issue frequently. Haven't had it in quite some time now. I'm honestly not sure what causes it. I re-sent the family share invitation to the people who had this issue and that helped. Remove them from the share then re-add.

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks

I removed and try adding again and now it says that they can't be added for another 364 days?!?!
Why is this so complicated. Spotify here I come !

dhaiy77

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
how did you get it to work? I've been having the exact problem. It seems so unreliable I may just set up my own account and pay the extra 5 bucks. Very dissatisfied, Apple!

dhaiy77

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I should mention we did unsubscribe the family member and reinvited which worked for a day or two, then it showed my songs in the app (which I could play), then I decided to add some more songs but it wouldn't let me add any to iCloud without choosing a plan.

steven2014

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I think because I removed the family member a few times but with a few minutes apart it got confused.
I find that if you add via an email invite it seems to work better.

Also make sure that you are both signed into different icloud accounts ?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner