Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tartarus
  • 1 Post By Soulrise
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Question iCloud Status is "No Longer Available"

I recently subscribed to Apple Music and after spending a few days learning how to use and manage it with iCloud Library have grown to be quite fond of it. However, today I realized that about 50 of the songs in my iTunes library that were originally ripped from CD have a iCloud status of "No Longer Available". Checking my iOS devices I've confirmed that they are indeed unavailable on my iPhone and iPad. The problem is I can't connect the devices to my Macbook to manually add them since I have iCloud Library enabled on all devices. I also can't right click on these tracks in iTunes and upload them since apparently they were initially available on Apple Music (I'm guessing the licensing deals expired or something). When I right click the option to upload simply doesn't appear. Does anyone know of any workaround solutions?

Default Re: iCloud Status is "No Longer Available"

If the problem is indeed license-related than I doubt you're going to be able to do what you're seeking to do, but I'm only speculating. Hopefully, others who have a similar experience will reply soon.

People are having way too many issues with iCloud Music Library. I would avoid it.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

I ended up contacting Apple Support via chat. They suggested I first turn iCloud Library off in iTunes, then sign my Apple ID off in iTunes, then sign my Apple ID back in iTunes then turn iCloud Library back on. When I did this the files finally uploaded and were available to stream on my other devices.

This occurs only when a song which was initially available on  Music gets unavailable. If you have ripped those songs from cd's then do the following:

Just copy the physical songs to another folder, then delete those songs from iTunes and then add those songs back in iTunes. You'll now see those songs are being uploaded rather than matched in  Music.
    Soulrise likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    This occurs only when a song which was initially available on  Music gets unavailable. If you have ripped those songs from cd's then do the following:

Just copy the physical songs to another folder, then delete those songs from iTunes and then add those songs back in iTunes. You'll now see those songs are being uploaded rather than matched in  Music.
    This issue came up for me again recently and this time I did your method instead of the longer route Apple Support had me do. It worked like a charm and I felt way less anxiety about putting my libraries at risk. Thanks!
    Tartarus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrise View Post
    This issue came up for me again recently and this time I did your method instead of the longer route Apple Support had me do. It worked like a charm and I felt way less anxiety about putting my libraries at risk. Thanks!
    You're most welcome. Glad to help.