Apple Music replaced all my purchased songs with Apple Music versions?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
yeah but in that case why are only some of the purchased songs showing an icloud status as apple music why not all of them

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
yeah but in that case why are only some of the purchased songs showing an icloud status as apple music why not all of them

Because not all of them are licensed for streaming.
You have to realize streaming and selling music are two entirely different ways of distributing music.

Apple may have the rights to sell specific songs whereas they have not the rights to stream those same songs.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sam, nobody tells you otherwise.. Regardless of the iCloud status, they will be your songs for all eternity..

Only and I literally mean only if the extension of the songs on your hard drive are *.m4p then you're songs aren't yours, otherwise, their yours.

All songs which are replaced by  Music, which is highly unusual and unlikely have the m4p extension.

Songs bought in iTunes have the m4a extension.

So to be clear, regardless of what the iCloud status says, those songs are yours.

The status "Apple Music" only means those songs are in Apple's catalogue as well.

Ask me if you have anymore questions, but make sure to read my post a few times before you do so. I couldn't have been more clear.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sam, it still is your music and that's the end of it. Even if the iCloud Status says something else it still is YOUR music. I'm not rude, I'm just out of options to make you clear those songs are still yours.

iCloud Status has only one purpose, letting people know if those songs are also in  Music catalogue. It's not an indication whether the song is yours or somebody else's or Apple's.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parents and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced Apple users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring.

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
@Samduffy to confirm have you checked the properties of a few of your track, thus confirming they are 'yours' and on your computer?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
well it shouldn't be doing what its doing so clearly its not and an apple engineer admitted that to me i discussed with them on the phone

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks me too. On the grand scale of things it's very minor it's not effecting me listening to my music I own or stream more of an annoyances and just would like it to function the way it would

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711