Can I use an iPhone to receive streamed music
I would like to stream Apple Music to stream music and Overcast to stream podcasts from my iPhone 6S to my stereo, and use its speaker setup to listen to music. Is there any way to use a second iPhone (a 4S) as the receiver hooked up to the stereo as a receiver? Would like to use Wi-fi, not Bluetooth. I guess I am looking for an app that would create an Apple Music compatible Chromecast-like device.
I want to stream from my 6S to maintain the ability to wander around and maintain the music stream, control volume, switch songs, etc. Otherwise I know I could plug my phone into an AUX input on the stereo receiver.
If you don't know of an app but can recommend a (reseasonably priced) device to hook up to the receiver, please let me know. I don't want to invest in a Sonos, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- 05-16-2016, 05:50 PM #2
- 05-16-2016, 07:04 PM #3
- 05-16-2016, 07:28 PM #4iMore Nanite
- 5 Posts
Re: Can I use an iPhone to receive streamed music
Thanks for the reply.
I can do that but would like to enjoy music from the speakers on my porch, controlling the music while on the porch, without having to get up and go to the receiver in the living room. Same from my dining room.
- 05-17-2016, 12:29 AM #5
- 05-17-2016, 04:05 AM #6
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-05-2016, 04:56 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-17-2016, 05:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-16-2016, 05:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 05-16-2016, 05:18 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 05-16-2016, 01:40 PM