I'm confused..itunes match

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Used to use all macs. Been away for about 8 months.

I have itunes match. Have a macbook and iphone. I can turn on icloud music library and all my music shows up on my phone. My playlists look fine. Now if I edit my playlists on my macbook, they don't push to the iphone anymore. They used to. Songs used to appear and disappear as I edited the playlist. The only way I can find to do it now, is to turn off icloud library and then turn back on. This removed the song from the playlist but doesn't remove it from the iphone. Called apple and they said this is how it works now. Is this true? Has apple taken something that works and broken it and called it a "feature"? It used to work good. Now, not at all. I'm trying to make sure this is how it's supposed to work now before I cancel itunes match because it's not of much use if this is the new way it works.Thanks for any help.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I just experimented with a playlist and I found the behavior to remain working as it should. I opened a playlist on my iPhone and checked the contents. I then opened that playlist in iTunes on my MacBook Pro and removed a few songs. I went back to my iPhone and the playlist updated and the songs were removed. It wasn't instantaneous but it happened relatively quickly, within a minute.

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Do you have itunes match? I was not seeing this and apple is telling me I won't. So, itunes match on, editing playlists on another computer you see those changes on your iphone? Thanks for the reply.

txgrll

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I am thoroughly confused by iTunes Match as well. It creates so many duplicates if I change the files in any way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods