- iMore Beginner
- 77 Posts
Anyone replace their own music library files with Apple Music files?
I am curious if people have taken the opportunity to replace the files in their own music libraries with the ones from Apple Music? Either to save hard drive space or to get a newer version of some particular album. (After making a backup of your original files of course.)
I thought about doing this - especially with the large number of my live albums that were mis-matched by iCloud Music Library. My only "concern" would be those times when the streaming from Apple Music is in one of it's "slow periods", which fortunately I have not experienced a lot of.
- 12-13-2015, 10:23 AM #2
Re: Anyone replace their own music library files with Apple Music files?
Anything you download from Apple Music is DRMd and will cease to be playable once you get rid of Apple Music, so definitely use this only after backing up all your files to another drive.
I do this with my laptop. I only stream from it. No files stored locally. Same with my iPad. On my iPhone I only save for offline about 20 GB of music and stream the rest.
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2015, 10:09 AM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBookReplies: 0Last Post: 12-13-2015, 10:04 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-13-2015, 09:59 AM
- By jodyash in forum iOS 9Replies: 1Last Post: 12-13-2015, 09:57 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-13-2015, 09:53 AM