I'm gonna go with Spotify. Its free with my phone plan for 2 years plus Apple Music randomly pauses or takes forever to start sometimes whereas spotify is always instant skips. Just don't see the point in paying for it at the moment.
    10-03-2015 01:22 PM
    I decided to cancel my subscription just to see if I would really miss it. I didn't even think of it until two days later when when Siri told me I didn't have access to a song because I had added it in Apple Music. Needless to say, I'm now a paid Apple Music subscriber!
    DarlaMack and Spencerdl like this.
    10-03-2015 01:27 PM
    I stay w/ apple music for now. Hopefully it will available soon for android before google music available in my country. And better management of buffering, better activities playlist & update wished as well

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-03-2015 02:41 PM
    Sticking.
    10-03-2015 05:40 PM
    For now sticking but also keeping Spotify. I may bail on Apple Music in the near future. I like the integration but I think I prefer Spotify...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 05:55 PM
    My trial isn't up until December, but I might keep it for the fact that Apple Music has a vast K-Pop library, unlike Spotify which barely has any K-Pop on it. This is the biggest factor for me.

Plus, who doesn't love saying "Hey Siri, play VIVID by Ailee" and it just starts? :P
    ecr80 likes this.
    10-03-2015 06:11 PM
    For now, I'll continue using Music.
    10-03-2015 06:15 PM
    I just don't like that you can't listen to your music that you have purchased and downloaded if you don't have a Internet connection.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 06:33 PM
    I just don't like that you can't listen to your music that you have purchased and downloaded if you don't have a Internet connection.

I'm pretty positive when you click on the 3 dots either next to the song or album there a a option to make the song available offline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 06:59 PM

Anything purchased from the iTunes Store can always be downloaded to computer, synced to a device and played with no internet connection needed.
    10-03-2015 07:02 PM
    I hate to say that I signed up for the trial and never really utilized it. I guess I was still trying to get an understanding of that and how it differs from the fact that I already pay $25 a year for MusicMatch. Not sure at the moment if I'm going to renew.
    10-03-2015 08:26 PM
    The only reason why I'm not staying with Apple Music is because my new carrier Rogers offered me free Spotify for 2 years once the two years is up I'm gonna evaluate Apple's progression with Apple Music.
    DarlaMack likes this.
    10-03-2015 08:40 PM
    The only reason why I'm not staying with Apple Music is because my new carrier Rogers offered me free Spotify for 2 years once the two years is up I'm gonna evaluate Apple's progression with Apple Music.
    I want Spotify free for two years

ladyc0524 likes this.
    10-04-2015 01:38 AM
    I paid. I'm in for the long haul...for now.
    10-04-2015 11:00 AM
    I'm sticking with Apple Music love it I've tried all the other streaming services and Apple Music works best for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ 64Gb using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 02:59 PM

See the three little (very little) dots on the right of the title of the song along with the little phone thingy....that's how

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444002349.878723.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	418.0 KB 
ID:	93864

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 06:45 PM
    Love Apple Music.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    10-05-2015 12:29 AM
    I'm sticking with it as well. Although sometimes my wife gets the popup to start the free trial even though we're on the family membership.

10-11-2015 09:28 AM
    We are staying with it. I'm in love.

10-11-2015 03:19 PM
    I canceled my Spotify account and am using the family plan on  Music. It is so nice to let all 4 of us have our own playlists and music and... Play music at the same time
    ladyc0524 and mumfoau like this.
    10-11-2015 04:10 PM
    I'm going to keep paying for it. I had been considering a subscription service for awhile since I cancelled my SiriusXM subscription awhile ago. In addition I use Soundcloud less and less.
    10-15-2015 02:02 PM
    What's the state of the bugs in AM? I let my trial run out at the end of last month. I really liked AM but I had a lot of issues with it so went back to Google Music.

If AM continues to improve I'd be happy to switch back. It's just hard to judge the state of things when you can't actually use it anymore.

10-15-2015 06:36 PM
    What's the state of the bugs in AM? I let my trial run out at the end of last month. I really liked AM but I had a lot of issues with it so went back to Google Music.

If AM continues to improve I'd be happy to switch back. It's just hard to judge the state of things when you can't actually use it anymore.

I started my free trial in September which was when many people already on the free trial would have to make a final decision on staying or going. I figured many of the issues I've read about would be resolved. My experience is so far they haven't.

One of the biggest problems I'm facing is saving music for listening offline. I live in NYC so my commute is on the subway and that's a very important feature for me to have. It also saves on my data plan.

For some reason many songs I download for offline listening don't stay on the device. They download then the next day, mysteriously vanish. They also say they have downloaded when they actually have not.

Then there's strange and intermittent hangs and glitches that make me wonder how Apple could have released such an important product in this state.

My free trial ends in December and I think if I don't see an improvement in this time, I'm going to give Spotify a go. I really don't want to as Apple Music is so much better with integration across iOS devices and my Mac. I also find the discovery of new music to be very fluid. But using the app has proven to be highly frustrating. If you have no intention of saving any music to your device, you may be okay but even then I'm still disappointed on how flaky this whole system is.

10-16-2015 10:54 AM
    I started my free trial in September which was when many people already on the free trial would have to make a final decision on staying or going. I figured many of the issues I've read about would be resolved. My experience is so far they haven't.

One of the biggest problems I'm facing is saving music for listening offline. I live in NYC so my commute is on the subway and that's a very important feature for me to have. It also saves on my data plan.

For some reason many songs I download for offline listening don't stay on the device. They download then the next day, mysteriously vanish. They also say they have downloaded when they actually have not.

Then there's strange and intermittent hangs and glitches that make me wonder how Apple could have released such an important product in this state.

My free trial ends in December and I think if I don't see an improvement in this time, I'm going to give Spotify a go. I really don't want to as Apple Music is so much better with integration across iOS devices and my Mac. I also find the discovery of new music to be very fluid. But using the app has proven to be highly frustrating. If you have no intention of saving any music to your device, you may be okay but even then I'm still disappointed on how flaky this whole system is.

Thanks for that. Your experience mirrors my 3 months with Apple Music, so apparently nothing has really changed.

I had issues with offline music doubling, offline music not showing up and often re-downloading after I removed it, albums from my iCloud Music Library (that I have on my Mac) suddenly became unavailable with no way to fix it, crazy skipping of tracks on radio. I once watched it blaze through about 25 songs, failing to play each one, all Apple Music tracks. I've had tons of artwork discrepancies. Usually it'll be fine in iTunes but the art on my iPhone and iPad would be totally wrong. Only fix for that was deleting the artwork in iTunes, finding the artwork image on Google Images, downloading it, and then manually replacing the art, then re-sync with iCloud Music Library.
    There was plenty of other stuff I'm not recalling at the moment. The bottom line is, I really wanted AM to work. I love so much about it, but it's totally an exercise in frustration. I'm pretty shocked they haven't regrouped and sorted this stuff out by now.

I love Google Music too, but have my list of complaints there as well. I can say though, that functionally, Google Play Music is 99% solid.

mactracker1138 likes this.
    10-16-2015 11:54 AM
    I was sure I would cancel but I'm in my first month of payment and think I'll be keeping it now! The more I used it the more I liked it ... So for now it's staying!!
    10-16-2015 11:57 AM
143 1234 ...