Tell Apple Music to make all songs available offline? ...

speedmaster

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Is there a good simple way to tell Apple Music to make all of the songs I've selected available offline?

I've done a bunch individually, and I've done it by genre. But that gets old after 40+ songs.

And I would swear I've told it to make a song available offline, only to discover the next day that it is not and I have to do it again. Has anyone else noticed this? I have a ton of room. 64GB iPhone 6 with at least 25GB free.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but not as of late. As for a simple way to have Music make all song available offline, I'm unaware of such a method. Sorry.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In Music app, select Playlist view, tap the 3 dots next to each genre to make it available offline. It's not exactly what you want, but it's easier than to make songs available individually. Bear in mind that the songs won't get an indication they are made available offline, but when you go in airplane mode, you'll notice they won't get greyed out.
On the plus side, making whole genres available offline makes all new songs added to your iCloud Music Library within that genre available offline as well.

Update:
You could create a smart playlist in iTunes that just contains "Media Kind is 'Music'" and then make that playlist available offline on your phone. That will get all your music and any new music you add.

Last edited:

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
You could create a smart playlist in iTunes that just contains "Media Kind is 'Music'" and then make that playlist available offline on your phone. That will get all your music and any new music you add.