Downloading songs completely locks up iTunes

clearzero

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I only have one real grip with Apple Music and the current iTunes. When I hit the download cloud icon to copy tracks I have added to my library it completely locks up iTunes till done. Sometimes this process can take 5+ minutes. I get nothing but spinning beach balls. This behavior seems odd. In theory I can download a complete album in about 5 seconds based on my bandwidth.

Any ideas? Syncing hard copy to my local storage is a PIA at the moment because of this.

clearzero

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Tartarus. My laptop shouldn't be the issue (or my Mac mini) I have a 1yr old rMBP and a 2012 Mini. Happens on both devices. I run my library off of an external HD so I can check it easily with both machines. It is consistent.

The spinning beach balls are what is most confusing. If I have an album added to my library and then choose to doweled the track to the drive is basically locks up iTunes till it is done. As an example... When I begin the download and then switch to say Safari while it's downloading and then... go back to iTunes it won't show the window till the downloads are done. If I am downloading and playing music at the same time I can not use any of the controls till it's done. Can't change tracks, can't stop the track, etc...

It's weird.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234