Removing songs from an iPhone using iCloud Music Library

iloveamystery

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Before I turned on iCloud Music Library, I had some songs stored on my iPhone that were synced from iTunes on my Mac. After having turned on ICML back when Apple Music first launched, those files are still stored on my phone but don't have the little phone icon (for the album or the songs) that denotes them as offline, so my phone doesn't provide the option to "remove download."

What I want to do is to remove some of these songs from offline storage. That option isn't presented for these previously synced songs like it is for songs I've downloaded to the device directly after ICML was turned on. I am given the option to make these songs offline (even though they're already offline), which then gives me the option to "remove downloads," but that doesn't seem to do anything.

The only way I've been able to remove these kinds of files from the device is to remove them from ICML (aka "Remove from My Music"), which removes the album completely, and then re-upload the album to ICML from my Mac. This isn't a great solution that I want to use for every album I had synced to the phone from my Mac, so I was wondering if someone had suggestions about how to remove offline songs that were previously synced to my phone through iTunes that my phone isn't giving me the option to remove from offline listening? Any ideas?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage, under section Storage, tap Manage Storage, tap on Music in that list, slide the All Songs bar to left and tap 'Delete'. All songs are physically deleted from your iPhone but remain on iCloud Music Library

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods