Google Music or Apple Music?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I love Apple Music over Google music but the one thing making me consider keeping Google is the fact I am paying $7.99 vs $9.99 a month for Apple Music. Is it worth $2 a month for Beats 1 and integration with Siri and iOS?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think it is. I used google Music for a month before Apple Music started and if I'm honest, I think Apple Music is easier manageable than other services.

Especially when it comes to organizing your music and playlists, Apple is a winner imho, 'cause everything you do on your device, automatically changes on iTunes on your computer as well and vice versa.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh and by the way, I forgot to mention that your computer always needs to be online in order to listen to your music with Google Music and with Apple Music it doesn't.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have Google Music for $7.99 too. I've had it since launched and have seen how it's matured since launch. Beats 1 isn't worth it to me, but smart playlists and integration with iOS is what makes me willing to pay the $2 more for Apple Music. I am heavy user of smart playlists and being able to finally have all my music in one place with smart playlists is a big deal to me. The integration with iOS is a big deal to me. I get annoyed pretty easily with using third party apps for things like music, email, and browser because them not being able to be the default app just leads to extra interaction with the phone that is inefficient and just irritating to me (since I know it's a simple solution if those apps could just be made to be the default). Plus, all my music in one place, in one app, is just convenient.

While everything isn't working as expected or is working but is buggy, I'm just hoping that Apple takes care of the glaring bugs and "features" that should be called bugs because I'd rather use Apple Music right now even though Google Music is more polished at the moment. I haven't turned off my All Access yet. I'll wait for the trial to be over and see what changes with iOS 9 as far as Apple Music goes.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I think it is. I used google Music for a month before Apple Music started and if I'm honest, I think Apple Music is easier manageable than other services.

Especially when it comes to organizing your music and playlists, Apple is a winner imho, 'cause everything you do on your device, automatically changes on iTunes on your computer as well and vice versa.

That is why I want to but the fact is between Google is $95.88 per month and Apple is $119.88 which is a $24 dollar difference. I am questioning the $24 dollar difference but I am leaning towards Apple music

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
This is a good point. I don't put my owned music into Google Music any more because even though All Access has come a long way in being able to view music, it was still pretty difficult to maintain a library in Google Music if you still care about iTunes/Music on the desktop/phone. I found it easier to just keep the 2 separate. That's what makes me happy about Apple joining the streaming game--having it all together in one place.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This is a good point. I don't put my owned music into Google Music any more because even though All Access has come a long way in being able to view music, it was still pretty difficult to maintain a library in Google Music if you still care about iTunes/Music on the desktop/phone. I found it easier to just keep the 2 separate. That's what makes me happy about Apple joining the streaming game--having it all together in one place.

Funny part is majority of my music I owned which I put into Google music is from iTunes lol. I probably bought maybe 2-4 CD's, 1-10 songs from Google, 2 CD's on Amazon MP3 and then about 6 physical CD's which I have already put on my iTunes account through the Windows app

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have actually read that and helps a bit. I am usually one who if I can have two of the same services I tend to get the cheaper one. But with Apple Music its compelling to change but just want to see anybody else thinks its worth $2 more for the integration

What about $2 dollars a month to days? That's 6.66 cents a day. You can't do anything with that amount.

Or even better 32 cents for Apple a day or 27 cents for Google a day?

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My Google Music library has 1 album I purchased when it was on sale. It had 16,000 songs that are all mine from CDs and mostly Amazon MP3 purchases. I've bought probably 15 albums total from iTunes. I did find it really tough to navigate all that music with Google Music, mostly because there's no smart playlists except for the pre-built lists for liked music, purchases, and recently added. Having to build playlists from scratch for music I already owned and had smart playlists set up in iTunes to navigate never appealed to me. That's why I ultimately went back to just using All Access for music I don't own.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping it will work with my heos wifi speakers. Right now I keep getting a drm protected message

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I personally think AppleMusic is worth $9.99 monthly. I spend that daily on nonsense to be honest.

Currently I am spending around $40 a month on just entertainment stuff like this.

Netflix: $7.99- more for my niece then for me
Hulu plus: $7.99
Google music: $7.99
Wwe network: $9.99
Amazon prime: $79 per year but now $99- more for the shipping then the videos

If you want to include Xbox live and PSn that's
Xbox live: $3.75 a month ( I bought it for $45 for the year)
PSn: $4.16 a month ( $50 for the year )
So that's around $47 a month or $564 a year on subscription like services.

Idk might just cancel it so this way it's the same price so it would make my decision easier lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you are able to utilize Apple Music with your ... ah..... "family".... then Apple Music's pricing blows away Google's $7.99

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you are able to utilize Apple Music with your ... ah..... "family".... then Apple Music's pricing blows away Google's $7.99

I am the only person in my family who uses a service like this and willing to pay for it. My mother is fine with Spotify free version. Obviously family pricing is better but I'm the only using it

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
It's worth it to me simply because Google Play All Access Music is too long of a name for any product to have. Ain't nobody got time for that ...
PS - It's really because I lost my $7.99 deal because the auto renewal was tied to a seldom used credit card that expired without me noticing, and when I did update my account info with Google they wanted to charge me the $9.99 fee...

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather use Apple Music over google music mostly because it is better integrated with iOS and the Mac. However, I'm cheap and spotify comes included in my plan so I'm going to use that for the next 2 years until its time to switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh