Playlist Question

danverbs2015

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys

Is it the norm that if you add an Apple-curated playlist to 'My Music' then the albums those songs appear on are not added to 'Library'
Whereas if I create a playlist and add a song to it, it appears as an Album in 'Library'?

What I'd like to do is set up my own playlists but not have those songs appear as - effectively - 1-song albums in my 'Library' - just have them contained to that Playlist under the 'Playlist' tab.

Is this possible or have I got some setting wrong??

Thanks!

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It works the same way for me. I haven't found a work around for the behavior you describe. I'd like for it to work that way too. I want to be able to add a song to a playlist without having it appear in my library. I'd also like to be able to rate or love a song and have it appear in my smart playlists without having to add it to my library. The other streaming services work this way but  music doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

danverbs2015

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Just been on chat with Support and they say there's no workaround and are unaware of any plans to change this at the moment.
To be fair though, the whole of Apple Music was falling down at the same time so they may have been a little distracted.

Either way it's a little frustrating that this is the case for our own playlists for the foreseeable. Our libraries will become a cluttered mess!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2