App crashed...music missing

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So Apple Music on my iPhone just hard crashed and when I opened it back up, everything was gone. I turned off iCloud library and turned it back on and my library came back but all the downloaded music is gone. The problem is it is still taking up the space on phone. Somehow I'm using 42 GB and 12 free with no music or videos downloaded. The largest thing in the list is the photos app using 2.7 GB. I know before the crash I had about 6 GB free. The videos app was using 6 GB. My free space is consistent with the 6gb I had free combined with the 6 GB of videos that are now gone. The music is still on the phone but the app doesn't know it. Does anyone know how to get it to release the space or do I need to factory reset?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I fixed it without factory resetting. I turned off iCloud backup immediately so I wouldn't lose my backup from yesterday (maybe that isn't necessary, don't know how iCloud backup works, if it keeps more than one day back). Anyway, that was so that I didn't lose my backup. Then I plugged my phone into iTunes and did a sync. Even though iCloud library is turned on and it doesn't sync music, the app now shows music I've made available offline and it's registering in settings as music taking up 10 gb. Also, my videos that I had downloaded are back and showing up in settings too as downloaded. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else but if it does, that's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73