Play Queue Resetting

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My play queue often gets wiped out after I stop playing music. Sometimes it happens after just a short amount of time between listening to music and other times the queue sticks around for a long time.

With iTunes Match, before Apple Music, it wasn't uncommon for the position in a song to be lost after some undetermined amount of time, but I could still always pick up where I left off, just from the beginning of the song.

It's so much worse with Apple Music. It seems if you leave the app while playing anything that is Apple Music (playlist or song in your library), the play queue will be lost upon returning to the app after some amount of time.

I just got out of my car, walked into my office, did a few things, and sat back down to fire up music. It was about 40 minutes passed tops, and my play queue is gone. Have to find the playlist again. My "for you" tab has refreshed and the playlist is gone, so now I have to dig through to get to the Soul/funk section and dig it up again. It happens with Apple Music in your library too.

It seems only time play queue is remembered once music gets punted from memory is if the music playing is truly your music, not Apple music.

Going to submit (more) feedback to Apple. It's the little things like this that will be deal breakers for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have not. If that works, it's a work around. It's just interesting that the queue so far only seems to be wiped away if it's *apple music specifically. I have iTunes Match and could always stream my music either matched or uploaded and it wouldn't forget. Even now it seems not to forget music that is mine (offline or not). It seems to just be Apple music specifically that gets wiped away.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk