Live and remix tracks being converted incorrectly during matching process

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I updated to the new beta last night and finally got everything uploaded through iTunes.

Today I've decided to put all my tracks on shuffle, only to find that every single song labelled as "live" or "remix" (and variations of those) have been converted to the album versions of the songs!

What specific metadata is being checked during the upload and matching process?! How can a song clearly titled "NAME (live from xxxxx show 2007)" and with a different (or no) album title be identified, marked and converted to the original album version?!

I had high hopes for Apple Music, but it seems to be do all sorts of crazy things to peoples' libraries. And the app itself is still super buggy which also doesn't help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oooh! I'd be ticked. Hopefully, you still have backed up copies of the 'live' version of your songs. Anyway, the Music service is not without its quirks and blunders, apparently, but I'm hopeful that they can get the service working in the manner we all had hoped it worked. In regard to your questions, I wish I knew the answer, but hopefully, someone who does will come along and respond soon. Take care...:)

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
It seems that the originals on the Mac (in iTunes) are still as they should be. It's only on additional devices that the wrong (album versions) are being pulled down. Super annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73