Those who share a Apple ID ?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
how does it work if i already share my apple id for purchases ?

I wont switch to family sharing because me and my wife both use my itunes match that is alreadly setup .. along with kids streaming movies in my purchased itunes .. they dont show up all they can do is look in my purchased and download them not stream them like how they can now...

so im curious if i signed up for apple music how would it react on the other devices using my apple id also ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you already have plenty of music in iTunes and dome on your phones, I would continue that and not do Music. My Wife and I share an iTunes ID. I like it that way. I don't want to do Family Sharing. Not all app developers allow both to get apps for the price of one on Family Sharing. I don't want to mess up anything that works well. But that's me. LOL

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was concerned about this also... You will need a family plan Music so you can stream to more than one device at a time. If your wife doesn't listen to music at the same time as you then you don't need a family plan.

You will however be sharing playlists etc. I am going to play around with the settings with my families devices to see if there is a way to keep things separated, but I have not had a chance yet. For now I opened Music on their devices then went to settings and turned off Music until I figure things out.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
If you already have plenty of music in iTunes and dome on your phones, I would continue that and not do Music. My Wife and I share an iTunes ID. I like it that way. I don't want to do Family Sharing. Not all app developers allow both to get apps for the price of one on Family Sharing. I don't want to mess up anything that works well. But that's me. LOL

Someone else like me !! Lol

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was concerned about this also... You will need a family plan Music so you can stream to more than one device at a time. If your wife doesn't listen to music at the same time as you then you don't need a family plan.

You will however be sharing playlists etc. I am going to play around with the settings with my families devices to see if there is a way to keep things separated, but I have not had a chance yet. For now I opened Music on their devices then went to settings and turned off Music until I figure things out.

With iTunes Match currently we share playlists anyways .. I have not even started my free trial for that reason .. I mostly used iTunes Radio at work but now I'm not sure what to do

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711