Has anyone NOT had their metadata messed up?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unless you count album art work being changed then no, all song info is the same as before even with my matched songs. I have iCloud music library enabled on my iPhone, PC, and iPod Touch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PJ73

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
My library is f'd up bigtime! Music has wrong name and art my library is so screwed up I don't even want to use it no more. I hope there is a fix soon!

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I was using iTunes Match, thus far I've not found anything out of the ordinary with my music library. I have a mix of apple music playlist and my own and it works as it suppose too. Clearly these issues haven't impacted everyone. Nonetheless it seems that the 3 months free was likely a good idea since essentially everyone has become beta testers. I know how much time I spent over the years tweaking my library, so to have it all screwed up sucks big time.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
If you count not having music on my phone, then no it's never been messed up. I will be giving Apple Music a fair try though. Apple just does not have the auditory control I need of a music player to use a sole music device. I wish they did though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I had iTunes Match and haven't found any issues, but I have a large library and haven't checked everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I ultimately had to restore my iTunes from a pre-12.2 backup as my actual files were irrevocably changed when I turned on iCloud Music Library. Now I'm waiting for Apple Engineering to get back to me after they wipe out my cloud data so that when I try again, it doesn't just pull all the bad data back down.

webpoet73

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Outside of 3 songs that were incorrectly labeled "Apple Music" rather than "Matched", I have had no issues. Maybe it is iTunes Match that makes the difference?

Steve Penny

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I updated to the new beta last night and finally got everything uploaded through iTunes.

Today I've decided to put all my tracks on shuffle, only to find that every single song labelled as "live" or "remix" (and variations of those) have been converted to the album versions of the songs!

What specific metadata is being checked during the upload and matching process?! How can a song clearly titled "NAME (live from xxxxx show 2007)" and with a different (or no) album title be identified, marked and converted to the original album version?!