New Computer/Fresh Install of iTunes/No Music

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am missing the obvious I think however I have a new macbook pro. I installed itunes and all that. It is a fresh install, no music is on the computer, brand new itl file so I expect it to be void of any music at this point, I get that.

My question is this, I have apple music as part of my family. This computer is my daughters for school. She is a family member. I signed it in under her apple id in iTunes. When I look in the itunes store I can see all of her purchases however it does not show up in my music. I see the purchases and they all have the download cloud icon on them. Do I have to download all of my purchases to my new computer in order for them to show up now in iTunes Music? I would think I could stream from the cloud but do I have to download a copy from the cloud (my purchases) which then becomes a local copy which then would be a part of my music and available in apple music? I am confused. Please help. My overall impression is that these are in the cloud so why can't i just stream them on my Mac?

And yes I have searched and read the FAQ's and all that. ;-)

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't be the only one? I have searched the Apple forums, looked at their FAQ's, all of that. They never really say that you have to have the music on your computer for it to be available but I don't know here... It is a strange situation because it is a new computer and there is no music on it so there is nothing to match to the cloud yes but at the same time all the music she purchased is in the cloud so it should be available I would think.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not at home right now to test it out for you via my MacBook. Once I am, I'll let you know what I discover if no one else has replied by then.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried signing out, restarting iTunes, and signing back in using the "For You" tab?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the songs to my computer and all is fine now. Thanks!

Now with Match I used to be able to see how many songs were in the cloud, how can I do so with this service?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner