Whats the best way to label my music metadata to match in  Music

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
its my OCD

but i hate when  music has a song for me that i actually have in my iPhone as my personal music but  doesn't recongize it
usually its like the way i word the title or (feat. blah blah) vs featuring blah blah

any of you have some ideas on best practices to label my music so  recognizes the music I already have better?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just my OCD opinion, but I would want to have the metadata match the actual song title as closely as possible.

applehead3

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I would say enter it the same way it appears in the iTunes Store. I went through similar issues when I tried to get the album art for a lot of my music. I had to change metadata to match what was in iTunes in order for to pull a match. It's a pain in the *** but it was worth it to me. I'm OCD about my music collection.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
When you change the metadata, how do you initiate a match again? I might be interested in trying to fix the songs that are showing as uploaded when I know Apple has the songs in their library, but not if I have to remove the songs from the library and add them again because that will remove my play history. There was an update iTunes Match option in previous versions of iTunes. Is there a similar function in iTunes 12.2 for Apple music?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I remembered seeing that before and experimented with it last night after posting. I can't seem to initiate an update of a changed file to get it try and match an uploaded song. I think you have to remove a song and add it back to the library to try to get it to match a previously updated song. That's just not an option for me since removing a song from the library gets rid of the play history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I remembered seeing that before and experimented with it last night after posting. I can't seem to initiate an update of a changed file to get it try and match an uploaded song. I think you have to remove a song and add it back to the library to try to get it to match a previously updated song. That's just not an option for me since removing a song from the library gets rid of the play history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's weird. It works for me, though. I uploaded a song with a typo in the title, which resulted in 'uploaded' instead of 'Apple Music' in the library. After correcting it, and initiating an "update iCloud Music Library", it changed to 'Apple Music'. It takes up to 2 minutes before you can see a difference in the status. Keep in mind: the larger your library, the longer it takes to upload and analyze it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When I am planning on adding a song to my iTunes library, I go in iTunes Store to that song or album and check if the spelling and name of the artist and name of the album are correct.

*believe it or not, sometimes even Apple makes mistakes with spelling in song names. Especially with music from the non-digital era.

I used to use musicbrainz and discogs to tag all my songs, but noticed some songs were uploaded instead of matched. So I decided to investigate why and went to see that album page on iTunes Store and noticed some differences in title names. So I changed the title to the same as in iTunes Store and it became matched. I renamed it back to the correct title and it stayed matched because Apple adds a special tag for music matched with Apple Music

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Seems like having the matching number under disc number matters too I had everything exact except that and changed it and it matched some more of my music still some doesn't match even though everything is exact I don't understand it

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Depends if that album is released in your country on iTunes. If it's an American Store album and you're in let's say U.K., it won't match it if those songs aren't available in U.K. Store

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2