Spotify Vs Apple Music

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay, any thoughts for those who are using both for now.

One thing I noticed Spotify seems to have more albums for now, also on the iPhone Apple Music drains way way more battery than Spotify.

What are your pluses and minuses for both? Which one will you decide to stay with.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sometime next week, when iOS 9 beta 3 drops with full Music support, I'll test it out somewhat thoroughly and then provide feedback in regard to your question. I'm limited to just the beats 1 station right now ...:)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use both services and pay for a Spotify premium account. I used Apple Music this morning at the gym and it worked great. I think the biggest difference for me is the integration of Apple Music with the device.

I was able to start my playlist from my Apple Watch using Siri and I never had to open the music app. They both have HUGE libraries, I was able to set up my playlists on Apple Music and every song I was looking for was available, including the obscure techno/dance songs.

Its only been 1 day, so I will update my thoughts after a few weeks.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think it's too early for anyone to say since Apple Music is basically a version 1.0 and you'll have 90 days to make a decision. The thing has been out for about 28 hours now and I think Apple will improve things seeing as it's now in the hands of millions of users who all have feedback.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still testing the waters. More than likely I'll have my mind made up on which service I'm keeping by the end of this month

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think there are going to be pros and cons to both Apple Music and Spotify. Apple Music is just a baby and still has to grow into a fully functional all, IMO. I am hoping in the next few months they really work on ironing out some issues in Apple Music and making it a stronger app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and deleted my previous post because Music is truly growing on me. Now that I have been able to replace the Connect tab at the bottom with a new Playlist tab separate from My Music tab I REALLY am liking the setup/ease of use. Many, MANY less steps to get where I want to be than in Spotify. It also looks like my issue of songs not saving to playlists has resolved as well.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and deleted my previous post because Music is truly growing on me. Now that I have been able to replace the Connect tab at the bottom with a new Playlist tab separate from My Music tab I REALLY am liking the setup/ease of use. Many, MANY less steps to get where I want to be than in Spotify. It also looks like my issue of songs not saving to playlists has resolved as well.

How do you replace the connect tab with a new playlist tab ?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I too would like to know how you did this. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Found it. Easy peasy and imho more useful!
Go to Settings ️ General ️ Restrictions
And uncheck "Apple Music Connect"

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Found it. Easy peasy and imho more useful!
Go to Settings ️ General ️ Restrictions
And uncheck "Apple Music Connect"

Thanks for posting this phreddyl. Last night I was asleep ridiculously early and missed the question(s).

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
My wife uses wp, so as long as Apple doesn't have app on other platforms it is a no go for me. Plus if I'm visiting friends, they all have spotify installed on their computers. Would be awkward to tell them to download iTunes do that I can play them some music 😂

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What is ultimately going to prevent me from using Apple Music long term is my carrier. I have T-Mobile and I get free streaming using Spotify. That means it does not count against my data. Unless they add Apple Music to the list, that is going to limit where I can stream music, which I do not want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I like that spotify has playlists from TV shows. Like I love the music from the show scrubs and they have all the songs from the show on one playlist. I don't see stuff like that in apple music. Unless I missed something

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711