Spotify Vs Apple Music

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I like that spotify has playlists from TV shows. Like I love the music from the show scrubs and they have all the songs from the show on one playlist. I don't see stuff like that in apple music. Unless I missed something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm also assuming they will add more as time goes by.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Spotify is just better if you have other devices other than apple

I liked Rdio the best when I used each one for a few months. I settled on Google Play Music (because $7.99 a month), but Rdio had so many nice features. I think Apple Music has pretty much nothing on Spotify, Rdio, and Google Play Music. It's the best choice if you use a fruit device, but as soon as you leave the garden, it's not the best choice. Time will tell when they release their android app in the fall.

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Out of all of them out there Spotify is the best but since they don't have Taylor's music I'll settle on keeping Spotify free and using Apple Music.

I'm with T-Mobile and I just learned about Music Freedom and the city I'm in for now has LTE most places and so will the city I am moving to so I don't have any issues streaming anything. Which is why I'm good with that. Otherwise, I'd switch back to Spotify. $4.99 student edition for unlimited music is really good but I'd rather not pay if I didn't have to and I don't have to for the first 3 months of Apple Music so I'm going to try it out and then after that my mom will probably just pay me back for the family edition of Apple Music.

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried Spotify but never really got into it. I think Apple Music has the advantage of being built-in on iOS so I'm there for my music anyway and will try it the service. So far I'm liking it, although still getting used to the interface. Family price is a bit hard to resist as well (for a family with no other streaming service).

dodgeboy99

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Siri makes Apple Music! It is music heaven to use Siri to find and play any artist you want to hear. The first day with Apple Music I thought of Johnny Paycheck so I said to Siri play Johnny Paycheck and Apple Music went through Paycheck songs in my library and streamed others until I had heard enough.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My issue right now is with my Heos wifi speakers which works flawlessly with spotify. Not so much with Apple music. Again I'll give it the 3 months.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What is ultimately going to prevent me from using Apple Music long term is my carrier. I have T-Mobile and I get free streaming using Spotify. That means it does not count against my data. Unless they add Apple Music to the list, that is going to limit where I can stream music, which I do not want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get unlimited data

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have already canceled Spotify and I am so happy to get away from all that karaoke crap. Apple has created some pretty darn nice playlist. Beats 1 isn't bad either and I've enjoyed a few countdowns on there. Creating my own playlist was very quick and easy. The one thing that I really don't understand is that I've discovered some pretty cool music on Apple that I've never found or even heard on Spotify. Thus far new music discovery on Apple is another win for me.

Now in September when the new iPhone comes out I'll be getting rid of the crappy bluetooth skipping Android. For now I am listening to Apple Music via my iPad Mini. Bluetooth on it NEVER skips a beat!

bibingeorge

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
After being a long time Spotify paid user and using Apple Music for past few days, here are my views.  Music app is buggy, sometimes my existing playlists are not shown, I've close and re-open the app. It was confusing initially how to save a file for offline use, list previous playist etc. The "Running" feature in Spotify is awesome. Is there something similar in  Music ?

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
For those whom are Spotify Premium subscribers, do you hear any difference in sound quality between Apple Music (256 kbps AAC) to Spotify (320kbps)? I have played the same song through my iPhone using both services & Spotify seems punchier and also the sound levels seem to be a little higher. I've found in order to hear Apple Music at the same level, I have to turn up my stereo a little also. The AAC format is supposed to be of superior compression to MP3 but when saving music to my iPhone, the same song or album takes up more space using Apple Music than Spotify. I'm still trying to decide which I want to keep so I'll give it the full 90 day trial. I really enjoy the Siri integration with iOS. Hopefully Apple improves upon their app because I'd really like to just use Apple Music.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
For those whom are Spotify Premium subscribers, do you hear any difference in sound quality between Apple Music (256 kbps AAC) to Spotify (320kbps)? .

I have found it to be tit for tat in terms of SQ. I cannot hear enough difference that this is even a concern for me.

I have also never had the issue of vanishing playlist on Apple Music. Though the app has crashed on me, but I'd rather it crash than to just quit playing music and I have to restart it like I've had to do with Spotify many, many times. Not much difference there. I've also had the issue with Spotify of my playlist not working because for whatever reason the files today may show that they are downloaded and tomorrow they aren't.

The one thing Apple needs to fix is the indicator that the playlist, song etc is actually downloaded. I do like how Spotify does that.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
For those whom are Spotify Premium subscribers, do you hear any difference in sound quality between Apple Music (256 kbps AAC) to Spotify (320kbps)? I have played the same song through my iPhone using both services & Spotify seems punchier and also the sound levels seem to be a little higher. I've found in order to hear Apple Music at the same level, I have to turn up my stereo a little also. The AAC format is supposed to be of superior compression to MP3 but when saving music to my iPhone, the same song or album takes up more space using Apple Music than Spotify. I'm still trying to decide which I want to keep so I'll give it the full 90 day trial. I really enjoy the Siri integration with iOS. Hopefully Apple improves upon their app because I'd really like to just use Apple Music.

Yes, the Music app is killing me. :crying: I’m trying to enjoy the experience, but the slow, erratic, inconsistent behavior is making it extremely difficult.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've used spotify since September and apple music since it launched, both are good but Apple music for me might have an edge for me cause of the integration with the music app. I have run into random bugs with Apple music but nothing very serious. Sometimes songs take awhile to play only if it's the first time I'm streaming them but I only have to wait maybe a second or two for the song to start streaming. I have noticed the longer I use the music app the more it starts to lag. In terms of streaming quality vs spotify it varies per song for me, some are the same and some sound better. Greyed out songs are the only thing that is confusing me, I'm still trying to find out why but sometimes the song won't be greyed out. The only thing I wish Apple would add is the option of streaming the highest quality over cellular data. I'll still use spotify here and there during the free trial of Apple music though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have already canceled Spotify and I am so happy to get away from all that karaoke crap. Apple has created some pretty darn nice playlist. Beats 1 isn't bad either and I've enjoyed a few countdowns on there. Creating my own playlist was very quick and easy. The one thing that I really don't understand is that I've discovered some pretty cool music on Apple that I've never found or even heard on Spotify. Thus far new music discovery on Apple is another win for me.

Now in September when the new iPhone comes out I'll be getting rid of the crappy bluetooth skipping Android. For now I am listening to Apple Music via my iPad Mini. Bluetooth on it NEVER skips a beat!

Me too, I have found some very interesting new music and artists on Apple Music that weren't on Spotify. I am starting to like Apple Music more and more each day, the search, the playlists and now I think there is more out there. I think soon I will cancel my Spotify subscription.

Jaritch

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I like Apple Music but have stopped using it so as no to be tempted in 3 months. My Vodafone Uk contact includes free spotify premium for the duration of the two year contract. It would be daft for me to pay for apple music when I get spotify free.

Gruffalo26

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I seem to be finding it is the other way around between the 2. Some of the music i listen to on Spotify is not on Apple Music. The thing that is bugging me most about Apple Music is when i want to listen to an album that is on there, there will only be 2 or 3 songs available to listen to on the entire album and all the others are greyed out where as on Spotify you can listen to them all.

I like the Beats 1 radio station but apart from that there is nothing that is really dragging me from Spotify.

pgrtag

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The thing that is bugging me most about Apple Music is when i want to listen to an album that is on there, there will only be 2 or 3 songs available to listen to on the entire album and all the others are greyed out where as on Spotify you can listen to them all.

If you go to settings > itunes & app store and turn on "Use Cellular Data" your grayed out songs should be available to play. When you're on WiFi none of your songs should be grayed out.

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Get unlimited data

I asked at the T-Mo store, iTunes Music is Apple Music and vice versa it is included.

Music Freedom only comes with the unlimited data plan. So, he has unlimited data....

Since I don't have unlimited data I don't get that. :(