What's your initial impression of Music?

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
There should be an option to sign in if you are already a member. It's a small link to click at the bottom. Go through the "For You" tab. It is not extra to stream from iTunes you don't need a family plan to do what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ah perfect. I didn't notice I went to try to click already a member but nothing happens. It might be slow internet that's causing an issue. Thank you for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Brew

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I really like it. They have removed all ads from radio, you no longer need iTunes Match to get rid of them. NPR is a great addition as well as ESPN. They need a live streaming comedy channel, maybe.

I've not started the trial yet, thought I'd evaluate the free stuff first.

The only thing I miss is the ability to never play a certain song/artist/album. That was a nice feature (often a few songs in a genre are just hard to take) but I don't think I'll miss it that much.

Connect is OK. The whole thing is way more visually appealing, and album art works much better.

Also, glad the got rid of the old "wall of album covers" view that used to come on when you turned your iPhone sideways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Not impressed at all. XM I'm willing to pay for at discounted rate of course but just no to Apple Music.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
At long last my music library is repaired. With 12.2.1, they added a tool to reset iCloud Music Library, which was the piece I was waiting on Apple Engineering to do after restoring my iTunes library (that got irrevocably destroyed) to a pre-12.2 state.

Apple has a support article for those who also got all their tracks fracked. I can confirm it works.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204964

Now that I'm up and running again, I once again--for the third time--went through my list of Spotify albums and added them to my Apple Music library. There were 6 albums that were not available. What I want Apple Music to do that Spotify doesn't, is to "just work" on my devices. That includes integrating my purchased library and streaming content. Check. That also means that the experience is not buggy as all get out, like Spotify is on CarPlay. The number one problem here, is there is no shuffle option for artists aside from Siri, of course. And maybe that'll prove to be fine. What I don't want is the same experience as Spotify where I have to create playlists for each artist because I can't just go to Artist and shuffle the content that I have from My Library and the streaming catalog together.

I find so far that discovering the artists I like have new content out is a little less obvious on Apple Music. On Spotify, I get a big red number that says something is new from the artists I follow. On Apple Music, I feel like I have to comb through a large breadth of information to see if something has come out. Maybe this will take getting used to and it'll be fine too, one day.

The whole track debacle really turned me off Apple Music. But so does Spotify's inoperability on CarPlay. I'm not sure what I'll end up sticking with at the end of the 90 days. But if somehow Spotify miraculously listened to all my support emails and fixed it, then yah, I see nothing here that is so much better to make the switch. AM fine now that it's running properly. I'd subscribe in a heartbeat except I already have a service and nothing here is compelling enough to change.

P.S. Edit - I've been listening to Classical Radio on AM for a few hours and it is much better than Spotify's. Point Apple.

Last edited: