What's your initial impression of Music?

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I like it. I'd definitely switch if they had student discounts like Spotify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
As far as streaming beats 1, no problem. Playlists and my music I just can't understand. Making playlists or albums available offline is hit or miss most of the time if it even is possible.

I have managed to add three albums on my iPad and I believe the tracks are available offline but no way of knowing. Also, isn't it supposed to sync with the phone? All I get is a message saying 'Loading library...' and nothing ever changes.

I was hoping to make playlists on my iPad and have them download on the phone. Silly me.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll get the option to add songs, however when I go to actually add the song I get "added" and nothing else. I think I'm going to wipe my device and try again.

Have you tried a wipe and reload? It cleared up almost all problems I've had.

MonkeyManiac

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
So far, so good, so what. It's free for three months and I'll give it a chance. I paused my Spotify subscription. Generally I don't like too much of white and many apps support light and dark themes. My eyes aren't the best an so I prefer dark or better black themes without reverse everything when you set it up in iOS. It's hard to get my playlists back because I used Spotify for two years. But it's not a big deal. I found other (new?) songs and create new playlists. I don't like to compare each list. That's quite too hard. Sometimes I can't see my playlists. That should be an iCloud problem. After disabling and enable this service everything works fine again.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Today using iTunes to listen to "for you" playlists was painful. The listening was fine, but trying to add songs to my library or playlists basically just stopped working. Adding to library didn't do anything. I ended up having to add the songs from my phone.

Also, once a song is added to the library, can we change the metadata? I always keep songs in my library with their true year of release as opposed to the year that say, the greatest hits album released. That way my smart playlists based on year are accurate and I don't hear a Beatles song in a playlist for 90's rock. So today while I was still able to add songs to library, I changed the year, album, artwork etc for most of those songs. It let me do this. I look later at home on my personal laptop and it seems the artwork is changed back from what I changed to. The other info is in tact, but the artwork is changed. Just wondering if someone can try this and let me know if it's the same for them.

Also, iTunes does a much crappier job of realizing if a song is already in your library. On the phone (phone only, not iPad I don't think), if a playlist plays a song you already have, it actually knows and will update your play count and everything. In iTunes, it's pretty clueless that you already have the song in your library. It's also ridiculously complicated navigating in iTunes. If you are in the my music screen and do a search you get kicked into the new tab if your search lands you on Apple music. Then you have to remember where you were before you got moved because the back button doesn't take you back to the previous view, only the previous page within that view. It's a lot to navigate. I really think right now the phone is the best place to trial Apple music. It's good Apple is giving 3 months to try. They need all that time to iron out bugs. I wonder how long before we get 8.4.1. Many fixes can happen server side at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey Siri 'Play Beats 1'.. You have to sing in to iTunes Radio first.. Open Apple music. Nothing happens.

I hear a song at work or on tv.. Add this to my music. 'Sorry you're not listening to anything '. Bah I guess I have to id the song first. But no help there.. Add this song.. No

I think I have to high expectations

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey Siri 'Play Beats 1'.. You have to sing in to iTunes Radio first.. Open Apple music. Nothing happens.

I hear a song at work or on tv.. Add this to my music. 'Sorry you're not listening to anything '. Bah I guess I have to id the song first. But no help there.. Add this song.. No

I think I have to high expectations

Then I do, too, I guess. . . . But I'm trying to give Apple time to get this mess corrected.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes I have no doubt they will make it better. They have money and developers and a will to dominate the market. But will this be better im three months or three years? Im staying with spotify for now but will more than likely be revisiting Apple music in the coming year.

Also, I know Siri doesnt like contextual things at the moment, but adding music I happen to hear around me should be an obvious feature.

webpoet73

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with it. I am having to convince myself to continue after the trial... not because it's not working, but because I don't need to spend the cash. I have added over 2600 songs (219 full albums) in the week I have had it. I will never be able to afford to go out and buy those albums, so maybe I will end up subscribing while buy the new music that I want. This is a good year for the bands I listen to... the back end of the year is loaded with new releases...

I don't listen to play lists, but I listen to full albums.

Brian Brew

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I like the new channels, and I notice (after using for awhile) that you can still make radio stations based on a group.

I have match, so I'm not sure if the eliminated all commercials on streams (except, ironically, embedded ones like NPR which aren't bad anyway). I think they have, and that's awesome. Not sure, given this, if I need Match next year.

The only thing I miss is the "never play this" option, when they play some crap (that would belong, I just don't appreciate, like KISS in a "rock" channel).

I'm checking out the free option for at least a month before I start the trial.

Last thing, I think connect looks pretty great, but artists are a bit slow providing content, and comments are mostly trivial, I like seeing the artist photos, etc.

Cover art is MUCH IMPROVED over any prior version, too.

jessica62578

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
The Apple music service itself is pretty good actually. Connect shows promise, but so far it doesn't have enough adoption from the artists. I am sure this will improve over time. The experience is so much better on an iOS device since I am beginning to loathe the bloated mess that is iTunes. Apple, for the love of all that is sacred and holy, scrap the whole thing and start over; different apps for different "services" would be great. Anyhow, now that my rant is out of the way, I probably won't continue past the 3 month trial, since I already subscribe to Google Play All Access and have iTunes Match. I won't even get into the whole confusion on using Apple Music and iTunes Match together.

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
i went to use apple music via iTunes on my macbook, but it wants me to sign up and i can't seem to figure it out. does that mean i have to sign up for a family share plan in order to use it on more than one device?

iRube

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Good & Terrible: I love the curated playlists and the access to everything but the way it's mangled my iPhone's music library after merging is atrocious!!! Not only have all of my playlists disappeared but over half (about 25 GBs) of music went poof! I have also discovered that I have to uncheck, the re-check "iCloud Music Library" in iTunes prefs repeatedly to get it to upload more of my content. It's been several days of this. I'm ready for a fix (ahem) Apple.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
i went to use apple music via iTunes on my macbook, but it wants me to sign up and i can't seem to figure it out. does that mean i have to sign up for a family share plan in order to use it on more than one device?

There should be an option to sign in if you are already a member. It's a small link to click at the bottom. Go through the "For You" tab. It is not extra to stream from iTunes you don't need a family plan to do what you want to do.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I was pretty happy with this update initially, but am not so happy now. I'm beginning to notice screw ups here and there in my matched music library. Songs with wrong album art, songs swapped with other songs on other albums. Not very happy about this discovery. Thankfully I have a backup, but I think I will hold off for awhile before trying to load from it. Hopefully the issues will eventually self correct.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods