What's your initial impression of Music?

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Wait a minute. I know I can add a song to my iCloud library. But I can't listen to it offline right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtb79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
For me it is a dream come true. I cancelled my Spotify subscription after watching the keynote in hopes it would be what I was looking for. After today I think I made the right choice. I love having everything together and can download whatever I want on the fly. Very happy with it.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well after several hours I am not an overall fan and will stay with Spotify. For any who care to know why, here are my reasons:
1) It is buggy. It is hit or miss as to whether songs I choose to add to a playlist actually make it in there. Many times, despite saying the song was added....it isn't. Other times, a song added itself 7 times.
2) If I accidentally go to add a duplicate song to a playlist, it allows it. Spotify alerts me that a song I am adding is duplicate.
3) I was hoping that I could sort playlists in alphabetical order by song or artist (without having to manually move every song). Sadly, just like Spotify and others, this is not the case. Each song added just auto populates to the bottom of the list.
4) I have found close to 3 dozen songs so far that are in Spotify, but not Apple Music.

I think many will love Apple Music. I wanted to. I am a big fan of premium streaming. But for my purposes and the short comings listed above, I see zero reason to switch unfortunately.

Yeah I'm not a fan. I want to love it but I am not feeling it. Spotify interface seems much cleaner and intuitive

Sent from my iPhone 6

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435718483.867087.jpg This is by far my favorite feature along with adding the songs into playlists. I would much rather stream music and listen to music I've wanted on my phone for a long time than to download it and take up storage.

Sent from my gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait so can I download music I find on Apple music or just stream it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can download it for offline listening if that's what you mean. Click the three dots next to a song, album or playlist and select "Make Available for Offline".

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So far so good.. No issues.. One thing about the pricing which I have noticed here in India is the monthly subscription is just for ₹120($2) and in US, its ₹9.99.. Why's that? Though I am happy but still curious to know!

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You can download it for offline listening if that's what you mean. Click the three dots next to a song, album or playlist and select "Make Available for Offline".

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Even if you do not make available for offline, you can listen to that song as long as it has been streamed once over the internet.. just my observation..

by_joao

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Long story short, it sucks. Like other people said the app has lots of bugs.

Some thing that really pissed me off is that I had edited my playlist through iTunes then checked on Music app nothing changed.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking it a lot! All my music & then some in one place. I don't ever make my own playlists so this isn't an issue. I tend to utilize the genius or smart playlist function (whatever they're calling it now). So far it's working for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Can anybody address Finn and I's concern about playlists sorting? I'm using beta 2 of iOS 9 and from my experience using Music on iTunes I can have the playlists sort by artist but does that reflect in the app on your phone?

The Lannisters send their regards.