What's your initial impression of Music?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After having dabbled with it for a few hours, I'm not very impressed with what Music can do for me. I don't plan on subscribing to the streaming service. I would probably like it OK, but it would be my Wife too. So that's $14.99 and we would have to switch to Family Sharing. I don't want to do that for just the two of us. I like our set up of sharing the same iTunes ID. I have the free version of Spotify. I don't care much for Beats 1. I like maybe 1 song in 20 or so. Just not for me. I like TuneIn Radio Pro better. The iTunes radio stations are a mess. I liked it better the previous set up. There were minor changes in "My Music", but no issues there. So, for now, I'm not too impressed for me. But I'm glad many of you dig it! I might still opt for the streaming service in the future. I would like that I believe. I just wish it could be done without Family Sharing.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I personally think Apple nailed it. AppleMusic is easy to navigate, easy to use with plenty of "stuff" to do and look at.Yes it's different than the "old music" app, but that's a good thing, it was time for a change. It seems to me that everyone wants change then when it comes everyone complains. This was a GREAT music update...IMHO.

Kateryna

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I totally agree, I prefer listening to playlists rather then albums, but sometimes you like a song so much that you want to see the album or artists page, this is the main way of discovering new music for me and there is no way to easily switch. Very disappointing. If apple doesn't add this option I won't subscribe.

Kateryna

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand why they ask you to follow artists but then give you no way easily navigate to the artist page. That alone will make me not use it. I don't want to have to manually search the artists I like. I want a list and then I can tap and go to their page. Now I have to go my profile > following > and then a list where all I can do is unfollow. Big fail Apple.

Actually I just found out how to do it. I must say its not obvious...

When you're playing a song click on 3 dots on mini player or at the bottom of now playing:
iMoreAppImg_20150630_225921.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20150630_225932.jpg

Then instead of looking for the option in the list simply touch the song name at the top and it will take you to the album where you can choose to the the complete album and go to artist.
iMoreAppImg_20150630_225945.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20150630_225959.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20150630_230007.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20150630_230014.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree, I prefer listening to playlists rather then albums, but sometimes you like a song so much that you want to see the album or artists page, this is the main way of discovering new music for me and there is no way to easily switch. Very disappointing. If apple doesn't add this option I won't subscribe.

Which part do you not like? The Beats 1 radio, the streaming or the iTunes radio stations?

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
From what I have seen so far, the service seems to be pretty good. I've only ran into one artist so far that is available on iTunes but not Apple Music. Also, like many people have already mentioned, I'm not really thrilled about how they've changed the process for making new stations. I would like to have the option of making a station based on several different artists or songs put back in. As for the interface, it's okay. I wish Apple would add swipe to next song one of these days, but I'm beginning to doubt they ever will. Only other interface complaint is that the AirPlay button is too close to the volume slider.

Still undecided whether I will switch from Spotify. It really depends on how Apple handles the multi platform support (android, etc).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually I just found out how to do it. I must say its not obvious...

When you're playing a song click on 3 dots on mini player or at the bottom of now playing

Then instead of looking for the option in the list simply touch the song name at the top and it will take you to the album where you can choose to the the complete album and go to artist.
Yep! You found it. Thanks!

farriser

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Apple Music has been great. The most welcomed thing is that, considering my iPhone is the 16GB one, the storage usage is lower than Spotify's.

Just that, I can't still work out how to make a playlist without having to make the songs available offline first. I was trying to add songs to a playlist from Apple Music's library but they wouldn't show. Does this happen to anybody?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No doubt that AppleMusic will take some getting used to along with a learning curve, but that's ok. I have confidence that us Apple users will be able to adjust 🏽🏾
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435705615.661183.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435705628.395597.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435705641.297186.jpg
The artwork is fantastic 🏾🏽

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I like everything but the beats one radio. I thought it was awesome when the first song I heard was "For those about to rock" by AC/DC, thinking "awesome, they'll play some good rock every now and then!" Ever since then though...nothing but pop, rap, stuff kids listen to. Other than that, $10/mo for the streaming music that I do like, versus the $14/mo I was paying for Spotify, I'll keep Apple Music.

Sent from my gold iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I hope that they eventually diversify the schedule to include "niche " programming. I'm sure that a couple of hours a week could be allocated to progressive rock, folk, oldies, etc.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well after several hours I am not an overall fan and will stay with Spotify. For any who care to know why, here are my reasons:
1) It is buggy. It is hit or miss as to whether songs I choose to add to a playlist actually make it in there. Many times, despite saying the song was added....it isn't. Other times, a song added itself 7 times.
2) If I accidentally go to add a duplicate song to a playlist, it allows it. Spotify alerts me that a song I am adding is duplicate.
3) I was hoping that I could sort playlists in alphabetical order by song or artist (without having to manually move every song). Sadly, just like Spotify and others, this is not the case. Each song added just auto populates to the bottom of the list.
4) I have found close to 3 dozen songs so far that are in Spotify, but not Apple Music.

I think many will love Apple Music. I wanted to. I am a big fan of premium streaming. But for my purposes and the short comings listed above, I see zero reason to switch unfortunately.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The biggest draw for me to the Apple Music service is to have my owned and not-owned music all in one place and have my play history tallied. iTunes/Music is still the most powerful music player for people like me who rely on smart playlists to sort through 20,000+ songs. I don't make playlists, I rate songs and use smart playlists to automatically update my playlists based on genre, ratings, last played, and play count. The hope of finally being able to do that across any song I ever want to listen to is powerful. If I listen to a new album and rate a song 5 stars, I want my smart playlists to recognize that rating and include the song in the play list. If that functions, that will be enough to keep me despite the functionality that is currently missing that sets other services apart from this one.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's what I expected

8a2d9512e1d24f31ec0e5e8c2356579e.jpg

bde8ec1875f68334765cffca7b7fd704.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR