How much credit can the W1 Chip take?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Question to those who use an iPad, iPhone and Mac and frequently listens to audio between the three or even two of the three. I recently purchased a pair of PowerBeats3 and I'm loving how easy it is to bounce between devices. I will be listening to music on my phone while on my computer and then come across a video on my computer. Within seconds I've switched the audio from my phone to my computer and when the video is over within seconds I've switched it back. This is awesome.

My question is, how much of this is because of the W1 chip? Currently there are only three options on the market with this chip to my knowledge. If I'm interested in looking at other headphone options, is this a luxury that doesn't exist outside of the W1 chip world?

What has been the experience of others in switching audio sources? Has it been so seamless? My only experience has been with my HK bluetooth speaker. But I've never bounced back and forth. I will either listen to music via my phone or my iPad but never bouncing between the two.

759nelson

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
The Audio switching is normal to iOS, you can do exactly the same with any Bluetooth device, as long it's a decent one.

W1 is truly superior is in audio quality (AAC) and battery life, which is simply phenomenal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2