- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
I have just bought a macbook pro retina 15" and so far have no idea what additional software I should download. Is it possible to carry my windows photos and docs across from my win7 laptop?
The only stuff I downloaded was libreoffice and firefox.
And somehow when connecting my iphone it loaded my photos onto a different photo place then I did save my emailed photos to.
Stranger things happened at sea...
Any ideas please??
- 08-15-2016, 10:22 AM #2
Re: Which software
Congratulations on your new Macbook Pro Retina!!! Is this your first Apple computer? Out of curiosity, where did you normally store your photos when connecting to your laptop?
For your docs, I would suggest trying Pages which you can find in the Mac App Store. If you want to stick with Office apps like Word, Microsoft does have Office 2016 for Mac but it's pricey.
Not to overwhelm you but there are also apps like Parallels which enables you to run Windows as a virtual machine on your Mac. (see iMore article here for 50% savings)
- By MJ502 in forum Apple TVReplies: 9Last Post: 08-22-2016, 03:04 PM
- By seeyaiphone71 in forum iPadReplies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2016, 10:50 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2016, 04:25 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 14Last Post: 08-14-2016, 08:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2016, 09:21 AM