I was using a Dell Inspiron 15 3542 with Windows 10 Pro. I started just hating Windows and with an iPhone 6S, Apple Watch, and iPad I seen no reason to stay. I however only bought the iPhone but on a plan so being on a tight budget I went with a great condition MacBook A1342. Currently has a 2 GBs of ram, for me being a student. Should I upgrade to 4 or 8 GB?
- 02-08-2016, 01:39 AM #3
- 02-08-2016, 05:12 AM #5
- 02-08-2016, 06:59 AM #6
- 02-08-2016, 06:09 PM #7
- 02-08-2016, 07:24 PM #8
- 02-09-2016, 12:33 AM #9
Re: Mid-2010 MacBook
I would suggest two things, move your RAM to 8GB and put an SSD in. This will make that new toy feel blazing fast. My wife has a newer 2010 aluminum unibody that we replaced the HDD with an SSD and upped the RAM to 8GB. It runs like a brand new computer and can do just about anything we throw at it.
- 02-10-2016, 01:39 PM #10
- 03-03-2016, 04:14 AM #11
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook ProReplies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2016, 05:07 AM
- By mr_coldharbour in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2016, 04:25 PM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBookReplies: 3Last Post: 02-07-2016, 03:08 PM
- By marktuck in forum MacBook AirReplies: 1Last Post: 02-04-2016, 04:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBook ProReplies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2016, 08:36 AM