MacBook Air vs. Retina MacBook - MagSafe Question

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up an rMB and noticed that the MBA 11.6" is on sale at Best Buy for $799. Which would end up saving me well over $400 after taxes. I'm not looking for a powerhouse, more like something to do some word processing, email, etc. Mostly lightweight things. I guess maybe the occasional video/photo edit, but nothing too strenuous. So either computer would work fine for me - but the rMB screen is sooooo much nicer.

This isn't necessarily your average "This or That" thread.

I used to have an MBA, and I loved it aside from the screen, and the MagSafe charging port. I like how it works, but hate how it leaves marks in the port after using it. It always looked dirty and/or scratched up. This bothered me on such a top of the line piece of hardware like this - I admittedly have some serious tech OCD. Does anyone have a method of keeping it clean or avoiding this issue altogether? This is basically the only thing, other than screen, that is keeping me from saving over $400.

Thanks!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
U need a better screen to browse and send emails?
But then again if u have the money, it doesn't matter.
Nah, don't really. I'm sure I'd watch some movies and whatnot on there too. But it is considerably nicer. The 11.6" Air has a pretty poor screen. But the charger is my bigger issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73