Regular MacBook Pro vs RMBP

blangst1

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Let's beat this dead horse some more. Looking at buying one of these 2 models. I like the idea of upgrades that can be done to regular but I seem like I'm cheating myself out of brand new retina awesomeness. Share your opinions and comments please!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Talking about 13" I assume? If so it's no contest. The 13" Non-retina is using several generations old hardware. It hasn't been refreshed in over 2 years. That's the killer right there. It's a budget meant for education and bulk purchasing. You could get a 13" retina refurb for almost the same price. Even a 13" Air would be a better option. Unless you're on an extremely tight budget and need a non-SSD, I'd strongly recommend to stay away from it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Talking about 13" I assume? If so it's no contest. The 13" Non-retina is using several generations old hardware. It hasn't been refreshed in over 2 years. That's the killer right there. It's a budget meant for education and bulk purchasing. You could get a 13" retina refurb for almost the same price. Even a 13" Air would be a better option. Unless you're on an extremely tight budget and need a non-SSD, I'd strongly recommend to stay away from it.

This.

blangst1

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes sorry should have said 13". I'm not really on a budget just wanna stay under 1500. And I agree I think the newer one has more pros than cons

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

What he said.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox