Macbook Pro vs Macbook Air

Samantha Collard

Mar 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wanting to get my fianc? a Macbook for his birthday, but I'm not sure whether I should get him the Pro or the Air. I've had a 13" Macbook Pro since 2009, and I absolutely love it.

What are your opinions of both the Pro and the Air? He would be using it for everyday browsing, watching movies, writing documents for work, making movies (through iMovie), and adding content to the website page for our business.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iMovie is a very simple program that has a minimal footprint on the processing power of either of the machines...it would run just fine on the Macbook Air (and honestly, would probably still run just fine on the MacBooks they just announced with the mobile system processor).

What you described as his activities would not require a MBP, but I personally prefer the external inputs of the MBP's vs the other machines in Apple's lineup, so I will always recommend those from my own point of view.

Bartman27

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd definitely go with the MacBook Pro and with 8gb of RAM. It may be better to get the non-Retina model (they only sell one now) as it's the only one with a built in CD-DVD drive. It's a lot cheaper too.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If he's using iMovie, definitely the MBP. If just for data consumption, I'd say the MBA.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm wanting to get my fianc? a Macbook for his birthday, but I'm not sure whether I should get him the Pro or the Air. I've had a 13" Macbook Pro since 2009, and I absolutely love it.

What are your opinions of both the Pro and the Air? He would be using it for everyday browsing, watching movies, writing documents for work, making movies (through iMovie), and adding content to the website page for our business.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

The Pro would be more justified for his purpose, especially using iMovie. I'd suggest the current MBP with Intel Iris Pro/AMD Radeon M370X dual graphics.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2