Buying my first Macbook?

Kalab Gezehagn

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I've had a HP laptop for around 3 years now and I've perfectly happy with it until now. I've been thinking about buying a Macbook Air but I'm not sure if it represents value for money. I use my laptop every day for general stuff such as browsing etc.

I would love it if someone could clarify whether or not buying a Macbook is worth it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I would love it if someone could clarify whether or not buying a Macbook is worth it.
Ultimately, the only one that can do that for you is you... I'm still using the MacBook Pro I bought in 2008... yeah, it cost more up front - but for me - totally worth it in terms of time I haven't had to spend p***ing around trying to keep windows going...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had a HP laptop for around 3 years now and I've perfectly happy with it until now. I've been thinking about buying a Macbook Air but I'm not sure if it represents value for money. I use my laptop every day for general stuff such as browsing etc.

Totally worth it. I use my laptop for the same reasons as you stated and the money you spend on a Mac will pay you back in longevity. My home iMac is 4 years old and performs like the day we got it with 0 issues

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm typing this from my 2011 13" MacBook Pro and don't regret having bought it at all. Definitely one of the best purchases I've ever made. I've been a freelance writer since late 2010 and I've gotten so much work done on this thing toting it around when I have to go places, even the last time I had jury duty. I just got a 2009 MacBook from eBay to use for my new freelance copy editing job and updated it to Yosemite and everything. Great computers, Macs. I'd say go for it!

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2014 11 inch MacBook Air. I only bought it a few weeks ago and they just announced a new air yesterday. However I don't regret buying it at all. It's the best laptop I've ever owned. It's very quick and it just works!

No faffing about like I did with my windows laptops in the past.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2