How fast is the mid 2014 MBPr

colincoop3r

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am currently looking to buy a new Mac and I have settled on the 13" Macbook Pro with Retina display. I was just wondering how fast is it actually going to be. I am looking at the 2.6GHZ with 8gb of ram and 256gb of flash storage. I would really appreciate it if you can give me an idea on the speed (like what programs can I do on it and what is the max you can push it to). It would really help. Thanks!

colincoop3r

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would be doing a lot of web browsing, watching videos and movies, listening to music, doing some document creation in pages, some video editing (iMovie, motion, etc.) photo editing, some gaming, and just the basics I guess.

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would be doing a lot of web browsing, watching videos and movies, listening to music, doing some document creation in pages, some video editing (iMovie, motion, etc.) photo editing, some gaming, and just the basics I guess.

I'm just looking into getting this exact same model (maybe the 512GB storage option if anything) myself... That said, I can say with some certainty that it will excel at doing most of everything you've listed here.

The possible exception being gaming, depending on exactly what you plan on playing. Intel's Iris chipset is fairly powerful, but it's certainly no high-end dedicated GPU -- but even saying that, I suspect many games such as the popular MMOs/RTS types will play quite well, and others if you lower your graphics settings a bit.

I'm aiming to use my own unit primarily for video editing, and intend to transition from my current usage of Sony Vegas in Windows (via Bootcamp) to eventually switching to Final Cut Pro or even Adobe Premiere. From what I've seen via YouTube videos and feedback from others, the MBP will handle these quite happily -- even a MacBook Air would to a certain extent.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2