Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Ugh! MBA or rMBP

I think I know the answer to this. I have a 2009 imac that has been abused by 5 years of high schoolers and 2 parents who really never took the time to understand the OS. There's 400+ gigs of stuff everywhere. No organization. 200 icons on the desktop. I want out!! I want a laptop of my own to start fresh. And, I'll actually try to understand how to properly organize all my stuff.

All I do is surf the net and email. I do have a T3i that I will uploading pics from but plan to get an external HD.
    I'm also getting a router to take advantage of the new wifi. All I really want to do the majority of the time is surf the web while sitting in my recliner!

Which one should I get?

MBA 13

rMBP 13

Both are $1300. Mobility isn't a huge deal for me. My son's rMBP 15" is great!

Is there any reason not to get the pro?

Default Ugh! MBA or rMBP

Then go with the retina. That would probably be the feature that would tip the scale- for me anyway.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

190 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts

Default Re: Ugh! MBA or rMBP

Get the Pro. The screen alone is worth the upgrade, and them being the same price makes it a no-brainer