Delete Yosemite Beta from Mac?

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Good morning.

When the OSX Yosemite beta was released to the public, I installed it on a separate partition on my hard drive. It ran flawlessly, but I ended up deleting it because dark mode didn't work with enough apps and I didn't feel like transferring all my music over to keep up with my iPhone. However, when I went to delete the installer, I wasn't allowed. It wouldn't delete it. So I tried using Daisy Disk and the same error came up. Any ideas what to do? It's a big file. I'd rather not have it sitting on my Mac wasting space.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Yosemite installed, but you *should* be able to just fire up the Disk Utility app from within the non-Yosemite partition -- Mavericks, for example -- and select the Yosemite HD partition, and then delete it. Afterwards, resize the original partition to its full size.

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I was able to do that. My problem is deleting the roughly 10GB "install" file that downloaded from the App Store. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough earlier.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was able to do that. My problem is deleting the roughly 10GB "install" file that downloaded from the App Store. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough earlier.

The Yosemite installer should have deleted itself. Have you tried clicking on the OPTIONS key while trying to delete the installer?

cmajpwc

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get it to work. Somehow it got password locked and I finally got it to unlock. Weird. Thanks for all your help, though everyone!

Oh and no, it didn't delete itself after installation. Which would make sense, right? Oh well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2