Which is a better fit for an accounting firm: a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro ?

Pisin Monki

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I want to get a new laptop for my accounting firm? Which one would be better? A MacBook Air or MacBook Pro? I run accounting software as well as Parallels and the full 2011 Micrsoft Office suite. I also use it for personal reasons like music, video and pictures. Can someone please help me make the right choice?

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I want to get a new laptop for my accounting firm? Which one would be better? A MacBook Air or MacBook Pro? I run accounting software as well as Parallels and the full 2011 Micrsoft Office suite. I also use it for personal reasons like music, video and pictures. Can someone please help me make the right choice?

I suggest MacBook Air as its perfect for your kinda work. Its powerful, sleek and you save money. All the best for your new device.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I used a MBA for a consulting business I had a couple of years ago as I traveled from client to client and the MBA weight and footprint is great. I now use a MBPr as my single work / personal machine, as the weight is not really that much different (< 1 pound) and I just transport from office to home. Since you are looking to use for photo's and video perhaps the MBPr would be a better choice. As all have indicated both will support the accounting and other software requirements.

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Macbook Pro is the best solution I think. I am using a macbook pro with my online bookkeeping services software and its working smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest a Pro simply because of the screen. If you are looking at the screen all day its going to be much less straining on your eyes with the retina screen.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I had an Air, have 15" Pro, and 12" MacBook. I love the little one the most and can't imagine going back to a non-Retina type unless there was no other choice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73