Please help people :(. Which laptop should I go for ?

misscoolkat

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm extremely confused which Mac laptop I should get. I'm into travelling and photography. I plan to start editing videos too. I've read up on MacBook Pro , with retina display and without it and also abt the air. I would like some sure answer. Also this would be my first time using apple laptops. I do store my pictures in external drives. I want a good experience editing. :)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
As a photographer, and for video editing, the MacBook Air's screen isn't good enough for you. I'm a photographer and I have a MacBook Air, it's gets on my nerves sometimes. Get the highest configuration MacBook Pro that you can afford. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

benhmadison

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
As a photographer, and for video editing, the MacBook Air's screen isn't good enough for you. I'm a photographer and I have a MacBook Air, it's gets on my nerves sometimes. Get the highest configuration MacBook Pro that you can afford. Good luck!

I completely agree. I started with the Air but could not get past the mediocre screen. Spring for the retina mbp. It is absolutely worth the extra money.

Farish

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
If you plan to do photography and intended on using Photoshop and Lightroom, I am going to highly recommend you get the 15 inch rmbp especially if you don't have a desktop to work with.

I have the 13inch rmpb and it stalls when working with processing large picture files. That dedicated gpu and quad core processor on the 15inch model is a huge difference maker.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys. I'm also thinking of getting a Mac (my first ever!) and two great loves are travel and photography...

Windows isn't even an option for photographers. And very very few windows machines have the battery life of MacBooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
http://blog.laptopmag.com/top-retina-macbook-pro-alternatives?slide=7

This is a decent article that talks about alternatives to the rMBP. You don't necessarily need greater than 1080p on your laptop for it to be a great photography machine as you can always plug it into an external monitor. I can't say enough good about a 2k+ display tough if your budget can allow it. The rMBP has one of the most attractive screens on the market. A Windows laptop can do the editing about as well, assuming you want to fight with Windows, but the rMBP has great resolution, specs, and flash storage out of the box. As you begin to price Windows laptops you will see that the cost difference is not that high, though you might have an easier time of securing 8 GB of RAM on a Windows ultrabook.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2