Is it worth it to buy refurbished?

Ryan Vella

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have used refurbished phones and devices. They are like new. They feel like new awsell.. Just remember they are refurbished becuase they had a previous fault.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This puppy right here: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=https://store.apple.com/us/product/FD103LL/A&token=vBxH-jNq

She is still a beast.

Sent from my LG-V5OO (my other tablets are iPads) 📱

That's the model I have & I love it!!! I bought it brand new but I bought my MBA refurb & it was practically a new machine. I saved a couple hundred bucks & haven't had any issues with it & it's been almost a year. I got AC with it, so I'm still covered until May 2016...can't beat it!!!!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have used refurbished phones and devices. They are like new. They feel like new awsell.. Just remember they are refurbished becuase they had a previous fault.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Not necessarily...if an Apple product is bought & returned for whatever reason (not just a defect), they can't sell these devices as new. They usually have them inspected & sell them as refurbished. This could mean the device was a buy back, the buyer just didn't like it or the buyer opened the box before they realized they received the wrong device. Apple Stores don't sell open box items like many other stores, so they sell them refurbished online.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I would say yes if you find exactly what your looking for.

Many years ago i bought a refurbed Ipod Nano, solely to have a portable workout player. I bought directly off the Apple refurb website. It was shipped Free overnight. I ordered at around 4 in the afternoon. It was delivered at my job the very next day before 3PM. I was stunned. And i mean it didn't pick overnight, just the cheapest shipping: free.

It came with a full warranty. The shell was perfect. It's roughly 6 years old and still works perfectly to this day. I still use it over my iphone to jog with when i'm not in the mood to carry my heavy phone.

From what i know of Apple refubs they have some of the best in the business. You get the same warranty as a new product, 1 year. I've read they do tests on everything, all their items get a brand new case so none of those dings and dents like it have on my refurbished Dlink router (bought from Newegg by the way and it still works though not sure how long that will last).

Here is a decent article about buying refurbished products that came out a few months ago
The Best Brands for Refurbished Electronics

I would personally not hesitate at all to buy an apple refurbished product. I will buy a computer in the future and consider refurbished ones.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods