can i delete a photo from my iPhone but keep it on my mac?
I want to free up storage on my phone by deleting pictures, so now they are also in "photos" on my Mac. When i go to delete a photo on my phone, it gives a warning that it will be deleted from iCloud Photo Library on all my devices. I'm not sure what that's referring to...will I still have those pictures on my laptop that I imported from my phone?
- 12-26-2015, 02:37 AM #2
- 12-26-2015, 08:45 AM #3iMore Expert
- 786 Posts
Re: can i delete a photo from my iPhone but keep it on my mac?
On your Mac, import the pictures from your iCloud Photo Library to your local album. In my case I use "aperture" application to handle all my pictures. Each time I fetch the photos from iCloud Photo Library, I import them into a photo album into the MacBook. Then I delete whatever photos I want from my iPhone and I still have the photos locally store into my computer's aperture library.
- By klezk in forum MacBook ProReplies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2015, 09:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iMessageReplies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2015, 08:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum OS X Yosemite (10.10)Replies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2015, 02:27 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iMacReplies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2015, 02:19 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 12-26-2015, 01:37 AM