Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default How do I abort a software upgrade that is not progressing on my iPad

I clicked on upgrade to 9.1 and it is not progressing but I don't know how to stop or cancel it.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    I clicked on upgrade to 9.1 and it is not progressing but I don't know how to stop or cancel it.
    Welcome to iMore! Try a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo. Let us know if that doesn't work but it should.

iMore Genius

Default Re: How do I abort a software upgrade that is not progressing on my iPad

Have you tried restarting your device?

Default Re: How do I abort a software upgrade that is not progressing on my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Welcome to iMore! Try a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo. Let us know if that doesn't work but it should.