What is the best way for charging your iPhone?

I

iMore Question

The "best" way for charging your iPhone

What is the best way to charge ? it's affective to do a cycle ?
(=wait till the battery get to 0%, the phone power off and then charging until it's finish on 100%)
or do u charge when you got a low battery (5-10%)?

Is there a 'correct' way?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: The "best" way for charging your iPhone

Cycle once every couple months or so... otherwise charge when needed... I've done my phones nightly with no issues.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

I charge mine every night but most of the time it shuts down because it's dead lol. I don't think you would have a problem charging it on a daily basses.

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Plug in it nightly even if it's at 50 or 20 or 70 never had a issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Charge whenever you can, or need to. It really doesn't matter at all to care about the cycling thing unless you store the device somewhere and do not use it at all, in that case, once in 30days, you need to fully drain the battery by using it of courses, and then fully recharge it straight up which is equal to 1 cycle.
Keep in mind that batteries nowadays are design to go about 500 cycles, that is, if you burn 1 cycle a day, you will have your battery in a good shape for a little less than 2 years or to be exact, 1 year and 135 days which will make up the 500 cycle. After that, your battery will only hold 80% of true charge.
So but, the more cycle you burn, the more shorter your battery life span is getting, and if you don't kill one cycle at least a day, your battery will end up losing keeping charge capabilities anyway after 2 years as it's a Lithium-ion battery which gets affected by weather temps and the device temp as time goes by.
So the balance is, just use your iPhone normally with an average of one cycle a day.
982ffeab316bc947cd37437171ccdb13.jpg
f35fe17d71bf26975a7b9b0a5b1144ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro